Shaefurr's Boxset icons (now with Droplets)

shaefurr

shaefurr

54eff8fc33fd9_boxsetlogo.jpg

53b344ec51a50_BOXCL.jpg
An example cover (all 4 styles):

53b3466e29fba_CurveLandscape.png53b34676c4873_CurvePortrait.png53b346801c91f_FlatLandscape.png53b34686998fc_FlatPortrait.png

Preview of how they look in Media browser theater.

5481d1cde6e74_mbtboxsets.jpg

HOW TO MAKE ICONS USING THE DROPLETS

INSTALLATION:

1. First download the zip from here: http://shaefurr.wix.com/fanart#!boxsets/c9jc

2. In the zip is a folder named “Photoshop Temp”, extract it to the root of your C drive, ie C:\Photoshop Temp

CREATING COVERS:

1. Go to the C:\Photoshop Temp folder

2. Drag a Backdrop onto the Drop a Backdrop droplet (it will make the boxset folders from the backdrop)

3. Drag a logo onto the Drop a Logo droplet (it will add the logo to the boxset folders)

Thats it, once it runs you will see the 4 different boxsets in the C:\Photoshop Temp folder

33dvn.jpg

YJ8wJ0Gy.png

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 8

CashMoney

Epic.

They look so modern and fresh :-) I'm using the PSD to make my own so I will upload what I've done later tonight. Thanks shaefurr .... But now I need to update my standard HD/bluray and SD/DVD boxes/covers to match lol.

AsparagusTrevor

These are a very unique approach, nice one! They look very neat and crisp and fit in especially well with a Diamond cover art treatment.

CashMoney

Here we go, a few I've made tonight. Some have more than one folder option in them. 37MB.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mp2r76biwbh6k49/NewBoxsets.zip

Alien
Die Hard
Evil Dead
Final Fantasy
G I Joe
Gantz
Guyver
Hannibal Lecter
Indiana Jones
Karas
National Treasure
Poltergeist
Robocop
Rocky
Sherlock Holmes
Star Trek Alternate Reality
Star Trek Next Generation
Star Trek The Original Series
Star Wars
Stargate
Taken
The Boondock Saints
The Butterfly Effect
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Dark Knight
The Fast and the Furious
The Transporter
Transformers
X-Men

HTH, thanks again shaefurr, really like the look of these.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Nick's MCE

Hi

Yep, these are awesome but as some-one said above "I now need to change my standard folders" which is a huge tasks, even the box sets is huge as I have about 100 sets and then 800 movies.

Do you know if any there is a batch program which will change the folder image option, this would speed things up.

Nick

shaefurr

Hi

Yep, these are awesome but as some-one said above "I now need to change my standard folders" which is a huge tasks, even the box sets is huge as I have about 100 sets and then 800 movies.

Do you know if any there is a batch program which will change the folder image option, this would speed things up.

Nick

You talking about changing the 800 movies to the same boxset cover? Easiest way probably is to use the batch or image processor in Photoshop. But the action wasn't really designed to run like that because of the way i did the open file commands

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

CashMoney

Hi

Do you know if any there is a batch program which will change the folder image option, this would speed things up.

Nick

I've gone with Stark Covers ClearCaseWS. The "gloss" effect is very similar to shaefurr's boxsets. The only issue for me (first time using StarkCovers, the last version) was that over the years I've accrued a bunch of different size posters, which StarkCovers apparently doesn't account for, using scaling based on the original folder.jpg size rather than a fixed resize, probably to allow for different aspect ratios. It wasn't a huge issue since MB3 Web interface allows for manual image selection, so I just chose images of 1000x1500 for all my images that didn't already have them, then applied StarkCovers. I then had to resize the boxset covers to match, but that was a simple photoshop action. Now I just need to keep it up when I add to my media which is little effort at all.

I think the overall look is great, thanks again shaefurr for the boxsets and PS action.

Nick's MCE

I've gone with Stark Covers ClearCaseWS. The "gloss" effect is very similar to shaefurr's boxsets. The only issue for me (first time using StarkCovers, the last version) was that over the years I've accrued a bunch of different size posters, which StarkCovers apparently doesn't account for, using scaling based on the original folder.jpg size rather than a fixed resize, probably to allow for different aspect ratios. It wasn't a huge issue since MB3 Web interface allows for manual image selection, so I just chose images of 1000x1500 for all my images that didn't already have them, then applied StarkCovers. I then had to resize the boxset covers to match, but that was a simple photoshop action. Now I just need to keep it up when I add to my media which is little effort at all.

I think the overall look is great, thanks again shaefurr for the boxsets and PS action.

Thanks for the info, I will have a look at stark covers and see how they could work. I am actually waiting for Shaefurr's to finish the action for the portrait with the curve and the landscape at the top of this thread. I would like to use the landscape action for my TV Series, TV Documentaries and  Home Movies. I would use the portrait with the curve for movies, and boxsets. Whatever I do it is a huge task to change everything.

What would be awesome is if Shaefurr's finished the collection to work with Coverart, then it would just pick up the covers from the folder which is where the bulk of the work would be. The images wouldn't be as clean but to change over 1000 movies and 140 boxsets with about 350 movies inside and then 32 TV series is a task I just can't start. The wife would want to kill me.

I really love Shaeffurr's work though it is really sharp and clean. I tried a few boxsets to see how they look on screen, and they look great.

• 4 weeks later...

This is very nice stuff, thanks to those who have contributed. One thing, the Harry Potter icon actually turns out to be a Pirates of the Caribbean icon. Also is there any way to make these the same size as the Coverart pluggin icons, they seem to be a bit smaller? If anyone is still taking requests please consider the following:

Apple Dumpling Gang

Avengers

Dirty Dozen

Jack Ryan/Hunt for Red October

Magnificent Seven

Men in Black

Night at the Museum

Percy Jackson

Princess Diaries

RED

Scorpion King

Shanghai Noon

Thanks

Edited by sasaba

• 2 weeks later...

I found a few that I needed; so I made them and added them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63290924/rs-set.rar

Discworld

James Bond (007)

The Matrix

Harry Potter

Star Trek : The Next Generation

Lord of the Rings

Here is a one off I just found I missed : Despicable Me : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63290924/folder.png

Edited by robsch
  • Like 1

shaefurr

Finally got around to finishing the template for the other style of boxsets, updated the link on the main page... ill finish up the portrait version as well.

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 1

Koleckai Silvestri

Thanks for your work. 

There is just one small little error in the download of 111 Boxset images. The Harry Potter folder contains Pirates of the Caribbean.