Server side per client volume leveling setting

PrincessClevage

PrincessClevage

Just curious if there is already a feature for server side volume leveling (I assume this would require transcoding) or a feature request exists and if it is possible

Just curious if there is already a feature for server side volume leveling 

What would it "level" to...?

There is an audio boost value you can set when audio is being converted on the server.

PrincessClevage

What would it "level" to...?

There is an audio boost value you can set when audio is being converted on the server.

Just to a set value 0-100 or such. Example I was playing one show on a remote Xbox one then start another show and the second show was so loud that I was scrambling for the tv remote to turn down the volume then I change to live tv and had to turn the volume up again.

So thinking is if all these files are transcoded is it technically possible to perform a server side test of audio volume and level off or increase audio to a set average, similar to what mp3gain might to to an audio track but on the fly:

MP3Gain is a free Audio Normalizer software which you can utilize to normalize the audio level of multiple audio files. Volume of a single track or the whole album can be normalized according to your desired level with this freeware. The normalization process to be carried out with this free audio normalizer is quite easy and lossless.