Adding gray color to subtitles, app smoothness and some other suggestion

fneves

fneves

As the title says I would like to have gray color option for the subtitles.

The OLED LG TV's with white hurts eyes, having gray/grey color alleviates it a bit.

Regarding app smoothness, I notice that the netflix app on WebOS is super smooth, any chance of achieving the same result for Emby? The animations lose a lot of frames and the experience is not as great as the netflix app.

I find the next playing info screen to be rather big, any chance of a sleeker and non-intrusive info screen?

Thanks for your work, emby is awesome :)

Hi, the app should perform much better with the next update. Thanks for the feedback.

• 1 month later...
fneves

Yo @@Luke, any news on the new version? Will you guys add new subtitle colors? Like "Light Grey", that would be great!

Thanks

We'll be submitting it to LG soon. I can look at adding more subtitle colors. Thanks.

rbjtech

Alternatively, you can specify colour with .ass/.ssa subtitles. 

There has been some threads/discussions and proof of this working in this LG subforum so if interested do a search as it resolves the HDR subtitle issue (which I agree is an issue).  :)

fneves

Alternatively, you can specify colour with .ass/.ssa subtitles. 

There has been some threads/discussions and proof of this working in this LG subforum so if interested do a search as it resolves the HDR subtitle issue (which I agree is an issue).  :)

Thanks for the suggestions rbjtech, I'm gonna have a look at this.