1000+ Duplicates Created During Initial Library Scan/Creation

x33166

x33166

I recently rebuilt my movie library from scratch. Almost 11,000 movies. During the initial library scan Emby identified over 800 movies (about 550 or so left after manually identifying) as Movies. So basically I have 800+ duplicate movies called Movies. Also created many multiples of I Heart Monster Movies, Rock Hudson's Home Movies, Home Movies and Teen Titans Go! To the Movies. In total over 1000 movies. I really don't want to manually identify all of these. Already did 200-300. Why did Emby do this so I can avoid in the future and how do i fix this without doing manually? 

Hi there, what version of Emby Server? How are your files named and organized?

Happy2Play

I would venture to guess you have a flat movie structure and is being identify by the parent folder "Movies".

x33166

From what I've read that is the recommended folder structure for movies. I get that this might cause all the movies called Movies but doesn't explain the others. I don't have any Teen Titan movies, anything called Home Movies and definitely nothing Rock Hudson related. 

Happy2Play

From what I've read that is the recommended folder structure for movies. I get that this might cause all the movies called Movies but doesn't explain the others. I don't have any Teen Titan movies, anything called Home Movies and definitely nothing Rock Hudson related. 

Would need the server log, but could you go over your naming and structure as requested above.

x33166

Version 4.4.2.0 and i have 13 Movies folders on 13 different hard drives. The movie files are all in the Movies folder. Nothing is segregated. 

Happy2Play

All we can do is guess, I would assume there is something different in what was queried for from the provider.

x33166

I'm creating letter folders on the hard drive with the most misidentified movies to see if that will fix my issue. Doesn't seem to be a common problem.

Happy2Play

I'm creating letter folders on the hard drive with the most misidentified movies to see if that will fix my issue. Doesn't seem to be a common problem.

Guessing without logs, but I would guess you get some item identified by said folder letter.  But I thought there were fixes put in place for flat folder structure.

Guess I will have to do some New media flat structure testing.

x33166

D:\Movies

E:\Movies

etc...

That is my current structure. Each folder has 700-800 movies in them. I'm changing the structure on one of the drives to K:\Movies\A and so on. One folder for each letter that has file names starting with that letter.

x33166

Current structure is just D:\Movies   that's it. no other folders. All files are in the Movies folder. I have D:, E:, F:, G:, H:, I:, J:, K:, L:, M:, N:, O: and P:   Each has a folder called Movies. Not sure what other information you would need5e8e5167a74c9_Capture.png

x33166

It looks like putting them in alpha folders did the trick. Thank you everyone for your assistance. The reason I left Plex is because the support was atrocious or nonexistent. Really nice to see a community that helps its members.  

Happy2Play

You shouldn't have had to adjust the folder structure, but glad you got it working.