Remote access

allenarissa

allenarissa

Hello,

I had Emby working normally until this morning. I can't access it remotely anymore. I made sure the port was being forward. I deleted the server and re-added using my WAN ip, the next screen asks me for the user name and password (where usually displays all my users). When I enter my credentials, it tells me invalid user name or password. Everything works good locally.

also tried to manually install ver 4.4.2 but I get an error (screenshot attached)

Thanks in advance

post-92642-0-40089700-1586365196_thumb.jpg

embyserver-63721946966.txt

Same here with remote access. I am still on 4.4.0.40. Strange thing is my remote users can login. Its just me...

Pistolero

Hi!

You need to STOP the EmBy server before updating it. The file it is trying to replace or move is locked.

HTH

Hello,

I had Emby working normally until this morning. I can't access it remotely anymore. I made sure the port was being forward. I deleted the server and re-added using my WAN ip, the next screen asks me for the user name and password (where usually displays all my users). When I enter my credentials, it tells me invalid user name or password. Everything works good locally.

also tried to manually install ver 4.4.2 but I get an error (screenshot attached)

Thanks in advance

allenarissa

As far as the remote access. i was able to get it going by rebooting my modem (weird, everything was checking out ok, including port 8096 being open). I still can't install 4.4.2, I rebooted computer, waited for emby server to start, shut down emby server, went to task manager to make sure there was no other instance running just in case. Still get the error when installing.

doblea323

When you did that, at what point in the troubleshooter did it fail?

I Try everything and nothing worked I will leave some photos of everything I did worked before until after the last update I can no longer use it

Edited by doblea323

@@doblea323 they are only partial pics so we can't see the settings.  Do you have Emby mapped to port 80?

What does Emby Server show on your console for ports?