Missing Posted Images for Russian Videos

slyfox

Happy2Play

similar issue as here.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/84794-thetvdb-incomplete-media-results/

The language for that poster image is set to English and you have requested Russian.  So all you will get is the banner and backdrops as they are set to Russian language.

5e8d1038261f4_lang.jpg

You would need to make a request on their forum to change poster language to Russian.

Submitted change request.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Temporary workaround

Edit metadata on Show and change "Preferred metadata download language:" to English

hit save

Edit images and should see the poster

Then reset language setting

Edited by Happy2Play

slyfox

I uploaded a new Posted to TheTVDB and marked it as Russian. Looks fine on the website. Yet Emby cannot pull any Poster images.

Removing and re-adding the folder does not help.

5e8d202411034_ScreenShot20200407at85119P

There is a cache in the server. If you edit the website give it another day before checking it in Emby.

Happy2Play

I uploaded a new Posted to TheTVDB and marked it as Russian. Looks fine on the website. Yet Emby cannot pull any Poster images.

Removing and re-adding the folder does not help.

5e8d202411034_ScreenShot20200407at85119P

I would assume cached information, but I don't know how long it takes for there api to update changes.

Did you try my workaround?  But it looks like both images are Russian now.

If you go to the cache folder, you can see your cache path via the Dashboard Paths box.  Then go to the tvdb folder and delete the 211771 folder and refresh the series, do you see the image?

slyfox

What was the solution?

Re-uploading the posted images and marking them with proper language on TheTVDB. Updating metadata in Emby. Some I simply manually added a proper poster.

Edited by slyfox