No guide images

arrbee99

arrbee99

Hi. Using NextPVR v5 / plugin in Emby beta / Windows.

For the last few days, it seems that the guide doesn't show any program images (guide itself seems OK). They do seem to be there in the actual NextPVR guide. NextPVR updates its guide at 2:44am. Emby updates at 3:00am. Those times have not changed. If I do a manual update in Emby then the images appear.

This might be since 4.5.0.4.

Any thoughts...

Logs include manual refresh at 9:10am, after which images appear.

embyserver.txt

Is their image api sending back an image?

2020-04-08 09:00:56.832 Info HttpClient: GET http://192.168.1.133:8866/service?method=channel.show.artwork&event_id=5956869
2020-04-08 09:00:56.834 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.5.0.4
	Command line: C:\Users\schoo\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Runtime: file:///C:/Users/schoo/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	System.Environment.Version: 3.1.3
	Processor count: 16
	Program data path: C:\Users\schoo\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application directory: C:\Users\schoo\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.ArgumentException: System.ArgumentException: Unable to determine image file extension from mime type text/xml

arrbee99

I shall attempt to enquire.

I guess the manual refresh does something different from the automatic though ?

arrbee99

Sounds weird to me - same operation, different result. Oh well, will see if sub or emveepee might know.

arrbee99

Could someone please tell me how to mention someone in a post, so its like a link and they know they've been mentioned. Thanks.

emveepee

@ user is the typical forum syntax.

For these calls Emby will get an error if the event_id is stale (older then the epg)  I think Emby will get a 404 it is not stale.

You shouldn't even be getting those though since the plugin tells Emby not to try and get the art unless NextPVR is been configured for ScheduleDirect perhaps you turned this back on?   It can take 5 - 10 seconds to get art from other sources.

A change is coming in the next version to use another url that will not be stale.

Martin

arrbee99

I don't have Schedules Direct. In NextPVR it just sits there - Username: 'SD Username', Password: '***********'. I've never even tried clicking on the 'Add SD Channel Lineup' or 'Download Channel Icons'.

I guess NextPVR gets artwork from the internet. Doesn't the plugin just get artwork from NextPVR's cache or whatever it is and transfer it to Emby ?

Still something seems different somewhere somehow someway.

arrbee99

There's 16 minutes between the NextPVR guide update and the Emby one - I guess that should be plenty for a few hundred channels ?

Actually, a lot of those channels don't have a guide - could timing out be a problem ?

Timing out when NextPVR is getting the guide I (think I) mean and overlapping with Emby...

Edited by arrbee99

emveepee

It will get you art from the cache but NextPVR will also try and get art from many sources if it is not cached.  The time will depend on whether or not it is on thetvdb or not.  The setting isn't based on the password it is based on this setting

<ArtworkFromSchedulesDirect>true</ArtworkFromSchedulesDirect>

The reason I disabled it when false was the Emby can spam the server for the on now screens where it requests 10-100 of images it can be minutes populating the screen.

Martin

Edited by emveepee

emveepee

There seems to be another problem though when I click refresh guide the current version of Emby 4.4.10 doesn't event attempt to contact NextPVR and finishes in seconds.  

Now I see my Emby Premier subscription expired nothing says in in Emby but I checked my email

You are on the Annual subscription plan. It will expire 2020-04-04

So this is on hold for now.

Martin

Edited by emveepee

arrbee99

I imagine there's nothing you or anyone knows of that might have changed recently. For my recent changes, I've just updated versions as required. I did also remove and re-add my iptv stuff in NextPVR recently (while leaving the DVB-S stuff alone). There were a lot of entries without a guide before and a lot with the new stuff.

I can try moving the Emby update to 4am.

Should I just wait and see what happens with your next version ?

Edit - didn't see above post.

Edited by arrbee99

emveepee

Emby kindly renewed my subscription and I see no issues with the interface on-now art for events.   I made a video  showing the speed with schedules direct https://youtu.be/EtmvWzG_p78

There does seem to be a issue on that very first screen but that may be a browser cache issue since as I reloaded it through the Any genre it was much more complete.

There is a major improvement in the NextPVR version I am using though the links are permanent and not unique to the event so Emby should be able to use it's thumbnail cache more efficiently.  As a result my first test release will try and get event art for all users.  The time to fill in the holes will be longer but the longer you use it the more caching that will be done.

Martin

Edited by emveepee

arrbee99

Didn't change anything, except update to beta .05 and the images all seem to be there now. Hopefully its all good and not just a happy coincidence...

Except now I click, or double click, or press Enter on an item in the guide and nothing happens.