TheTVDB incomplete media results

Hekmon

Hekmon

Hello,

I just switched to Emby from Plex because I was sick of their way to always burn subtitles killing the transcoding perfs when the srt could just be sent to the player. I'm having a really nice time with reactif UI, clean ffmpeg forking, plugins, animes agents, etc... Anyway, I'm not here for this but hello emby community !

I am slowy rebuilding my libraries and there is something I quite not get with the tvdb plugin:

• With the given show Afro Samurai
  • The fact that the association between my files and the IDs of the the tbdb worked just fine (ID 79755, see attached file afro_ids)
  • Why am I seeing:
    • 0 posters even with "all languages" ticked (attached file no_posters)
    • but 1 background even with "all languages" ticked (attached file only_one_background)

If I had to guess, I would say that the "all languages" tick is not working because the only background shown is indeed in my language (fr).

Any help greatly appreciated :)

post-229759-0-23278500-1586284678_thumb.png

post-229759-0-41775700-1586284773_thumb.png

post-229759-0-71022000-1586284867_thumb.png

Happy2Play

Still a TVDB defect as you can not currently get all language images, still.  So none English users will have issues.

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?p=166022#p166022

I don't really see them changing anything soon as they are working on v4 to attempt to fix everything that broke. 

Edited by Happy2Play

Hekmon

Thanks Happy2Play !

But given the last msg timestamp "Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:31 am" I'm not really hopeful for quick resolution... Would switching the library to "en" language fix it ?

Edit: switched only the language for image, it works fine. But I see the link is about the API v2 while their current api is v3 given https://api.thetvdb.com/swagger . Does the tvdb plugin use the v2 ?

Edited by Hekmon

Happy2Play

Thanks Happy2Play !

But given the last msg timestamp "Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:31 am" I'm not really hopeful for quick resolution... Would switching the library to "en" language fix it ?

Edit: switched only the language for image, it works fine. But I see the link is about the API v2 while their current api is v3 given https://api.thetvdb.com/swagger . Does the tvdb plugin uses the v2 ?

Luke would have to comment, but I believe Emby still uses v1 for the way it get Series zipped metadata.  Don't know how that carries over to each version.  But using the api directly produces the same results in most of my tests.

But this issue is still on their dated tracker.

Unable to use language=all to search (both v1 and v2) (KC19685) — In Progress 12/12

But they are working on v4 so I don't really see anything getting fixed now.  And hope v4 does not break them as much as v3 did.

Hekmon

Thanks for all this informations !

I would love to test their API myself but I don't have an API key :P

I also was not able to find the tvdb plugin on the emby github (but I saw other extensions) to check the API version used by the plugin. I hope luke can bring some light to this :)