The Ability to display in absolute order

Kyouma

Kyouma

Hi, there are currently different Order´s available on TVDB such as Official, DVD and Absolute and also some special ones.

Where the Official and the DVD order are shown in Seasons and the Absolute order in just ONE Season with all the Episodes available.

My Question is, if we could get the ability to change the Order, to display it in the Absolute Order, as that would make more sense for some Anime Shows.

r1mFw9G.png yutXRf2.png

This would help alot for some long running Shows which arent divided in Seasons to begin with.

The Example above is from InuYasha. One Piece or Case Closed would be another Example, which would benefit from this.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya would also greatly benefit from this, as the Absolute Order shows the correct chronologically order.

Edited by Kyouma

Kyouma

Yes i did, though there is an option called "Anzeigereihenfolge" (dont know the english definition) it´s not what i want.
For Example, I added the newest Episode of One Piece and named it S01E927 and set that option to "Absolute".
Now in emby it displays as Season 21 Episode 927, of course it´s the correct episode, but thats not what i want.

f2yLU50.png

I want all Episodes in one Season, like it is in the Absolute Order on TVDB and dont want them seperated over different Seasons.

KP8pRjj.png

I think this should be possible as TVDB already supports that. Hope this is more clear on what i want to achieve.

Edited by Kyouma

Right you need to configure the setting based on how you've named the files.

Happy2Play

Right you need to configure the setting based on how you've named the files.

What would cause both Season 1 and Season 21 when selecting Absolute?

5e8d2bb453c16_ab.jpg

5e8d2c780b0f8_s1.jpg

5e8d2c87bce65_s2.jpg

Kyouma

Looks like you have to remove and re add the whole series in emby after you set that option to absolute, so it can take full effect.
But it does have a small flaw. You can see on the row "Next.." it displays as "S01E01, S05E62..", any way to make this display as "S01E01, S01E62..."?

8y9JGsG.jpg

w3TtQLv.jpg

But I couldnt achieve the same result for "The Melancholie of Suzumiya Haruhi". I set the option to absolute and removed and re added the series with the file Structure being ..anime\The Melancholie of Suzumiya Haruhi\Season 01\%ShowName S01E01.
Even though it gets the correct Episodes, the order in which it is displayed is not the absolute order.

GK9OuEO.png

zK56vH6.png

Any Idea on that?

EDIT: Noticed that the Thumbnail from S01E25 gets mixed up with S01E01, but going into the Info of S01E01 the correct Thumbnail is shown.

7et95ye.png 

goNIv0C.png

d2mm6od.png

Edited by Kyouma

No you don't have to remove and re add it but you need to configure the setting based on how you've named the files.

Kyouma

So you mean if i set that option to absolute, i have to name the files like it is on the TVDB absolute page? But i did that from the beginning and its not properly working.

Happy2Play

At least in this specific example for some reason it is reading both season 1 and the episodes original season, even if only named 927 with a Season 1 folder or without season folders.

@@Luke If set to Absolute, how is Season 21 appearing, as shown in post 5?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Episode>
  <id>7631863</id>
  <Combined_episodenumber>36</Combined_episodenumber>
  <Combined_season>21</Combined_season>
  <DVD_chapter>0</DVD_chapter>
  <DVD_discid/>
  <DVD_episodenumber>0</DVD_episodenumber>
  <DVD_season>0</DVD_season>
  <Director/>
  <EpImgFlag/>
  <EpisodeName>Pandemonium! The Monster Snake, Shogun Orochi!</EpisodeName>
  <EpisodeNumber>36</EpisodeNumber>
  <FirstAired>2020-04-05</FirstAired>
  <GuestStars/>
  <IMDB_ID>tt11973210</IMDB_ID>
  <Language>en</Language>
  <Overview>At the banquet, the Shogun Orochi starts to talk about his late old enemy which bores the attendees. Suddenly, the Oiran’s child attendant Toko bursts with laughter and won’t stop. Orochi becomes furious and attacks her, but an unexpected person stands in his way.</Overview>
  <ProductionCode/>
  <Rating>0</Rating>
  <RatingCount>0</RatingCount>
  <SeasonNumber>21</SeasonNumber>
  <Writer/>
  <absolute_number>927</absolute_number>
  <airsafter_season>0</airsafter_season>
  <airsbefore_episode>0</airsbefore_episode>
  <airsbefore_season>0</airsbefore_season>
  <filename>series/81797/episodes/5e89a29ecf2a0.jpg</filename>
  <lastupdated>1586078364</lastupdated>
  <seasonid>814054</seasonid>