synology China (can't update)

Rp4000

Rp4000

can't update my emby server?  ping timeout.  it would work if i had a proxy to connect to, but all the free proxies and paid proxies that i tried don't work, i dont know what do, about updating my server, because i use my server on a samsung smart tv and on android app, so i will need the server to be upto date for them to work.  ugg. 

5e8b3fd49bc02_Snipaste_20200406_224137.p

its really weird because on the synocommunity package repo, i get very fast downloads. so i dont know why your repo is so slow.

Rp4000

Hi, not yet but hopefully in the future. Thanks.

that is sad luke what am I supposed to do I can't update.? is the android app going to tell me my server is to old? is the Samsung TV going to tell me I can use it because the server needs to be updated? what should I do .

Rp4000

We'll look at it as soon as we can. Thanks for the feedback.

@@Luke you said the exact same thing before.  maybe 6 months ago. did you ever look?  because 6 months ago i was able to ping to the server just barely to install it then that was it.  we told you back then i wish you would have migrated your community repo with the synocommunity repo or with the synology repo itself. 

so now what am i supposed to do because i don't want to switch to plex.

love_stef

Also a china user . probobly the only way is use a proxy .I have setup a proxy on my router and update successfully  after several failures.5e8c962e22fcb_chrome_TilOd0Dk3W.png5e8c9640c1e17_chrome_W90cqsK5fs.png

Rp4000

Also a china user . probobly the only way is use a proxy .I have setup a proxy on my router and update successfully  after several failures.5e8c962e22fcb_chrome_TilOd0Dk3W.png

5e8c9640c1e17_chrome_W90cqsK5fs.png

Can you message me privately  i am curious what proxy you are using or did you setup the proxy by-yourself in a docker/container.   please let me know,  if you have wechat  also let me know.. i would love to find a stable proxy that worked on synology its been really hard since most are blocked here. i managed to setup a tor docker/container but its to slow to do the update. 

Rp4000

And you said you can't reach github either, right?

luke i use github all the time without issues from a router. and my synology nas if i ssh into it, i can use   git clone just fine. 

OK sorry I thought i saw someone else mention that github was also blocked in China.