To NFo or not, what is the recommendation

aja07

aja07

I have this question, given all the issues people are having with the latest server upgrade ( Note - I do NOT have a problem).

I only moved to EMBY and setup my server about 6 months ago and for the most part left most settings on default.

I have just reviewed all my libraries  and all except my 2 TV recording libraries have the NFO box unticked. 

Should I be ticking the NFO box on all my non TV libraries as well, in order to minimise future issues?

Is Nfo on "all" libraries the recommendation and if so, should that then be the default?

Regards

darkassassin07

I've always kept nfo saving enabled across all libraries and I can't say I've ever had database/metadata issues in the three years I've run my server.

I'm running the stable server (v4.4.1.0 atm).

I've never noticed a downside to it really, kinda wonder why others don't enable it.

Edited by darkassassin07
  • Like 2

Personally, I recommend enabling this.  It can save you a ton of time and effort by keeping the metadata tightly bound to your media.  If you do any metadata customization, this will allow those to survive a database rebuild as well.

The only reason it isn't enabled by default is because some users are very picky about anything being written to their media folders (and may even have them set to read-onlly) so we need to have this be an "opt-in" thing.

• Like 1