Jump bar bug with Roku client

gene0915

gene0915

Searched and couldn't find any matches for this but I discovered a bug with Emby on the Roku. I'm using the latest, stable release of Emby server and the latest Roku client. I found this bug while browsing my movie collection. To reproduce it, get into your movie list and to the spot where the jump bar pops up on the left. Go over to 'A' and hold the down button to go down to say the letter P. The highlighter will start moving down the alphabet and after several letters, it jumps ALL the way down to some black nothingness then you have to scroll back up to get to the letter P. Even scrolling up can produce weird results. Attaching video.

Tried uploading the MP4 video file but got an error about not being permitted to do so. Will include a link to my Google drive with it: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14-fZPjd419VgZVC6OE-OCnuoHKSbVKBB?usp=sharing

What is the Roku model? What firmware version is on that Roku?

This sounds like a firmware bug in the LabelList interface.

gene0915

What is the Roku model? What firmware version is on that Roku?

This sounds like a firmware bug in the LabelList interface.

Roku 3 - model 4200X

Software version 9.2.0 build 4804-04

Emby v3.0.212

I have a friend with a new TV that has the Roku Ultra (or Premiere....forget which) built in and he has the same problem so I don't think it's isolated to older Roku models.

If you go to that same view in the web app, what do you see in the letter list?  I'm suspecting there are a whole bunch of characters there that the Roku just cannot render.

gene0915

If you go to that same view in the web app, what do you see in the letter list?  I'm suspecting there are a whole bunch of characters there that the Roku just cannot render.

Web app view looks normal. (Having a heck of a time getting pictures to upload so here's a link)

https : // imgur.com/a/R3WNvrM

Edited by gene0915

Roku 3 - model 4200X

Software version 9.2.0 build 4804-04

Emby v3.0.212

I have a friend with a new TV that has the Roku Ultra (or Premiere....forget which) built in and he has the same problem so I don't think it's isolated to older Roku models.

My RokuTV used to have this bug. Now on firmware 9.2.0 build 4502-30 it no longer has the problem. Roku will solve this in a future firmware update. It is caused by the jumpToItem when the actual item count exceeds the visible item count. It will jump beyond it's clipping rectangle. It will make the animateToItem fail to scroll the labellist. This is a known bug and it is fixed on my RokuTV. It is fixed on my Roku ultra. It still appears as an issue on the Roku express and Roku streaming stick. I no longer have a Roku 3 to test on but based on your report it is still an issue there.

The next firmware update for your device should solve this problem. It should be coming soon in firmware update 9.3.x.

If you click the button one by one instead of holding it down this bug does not occur. It occurs when holding down the button after the wrap occurs from top->bottom or bottom->top. The jumpToItem will incorrectly place the focus on items presently out of view. The animateToItem that occurs directly after that cannot then scroll the view since it thinks we are already focused correctly.

Edited by speechles

Just wanted to confirm I also have this bug, on multiple different Rokus. TV I'm sitting in front of is 9.2.0 build 4502, and I'm on Emby Beta Version 3 build 221.

I can also reproduce this without holding and slowly tapping down through the letters.

Edited by BAS

Just wanted to confirm I also have this bug, on multiple different Rokus. TV I'm sitting in front of is 9.2.0 build 4502, and I'm on Emby Beta Version 3 build 221.

I can also reproduce this without holding and slowly tapping down through the letters.

Wow - blast from the past.  How are ya? :)

Can you reproduce this and then send a log from the app for me?

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hanging in there man, no complaints. Hope you and the family have been well. I submitted the log.

I did find a workaround for original poster and others until this gets fixed.  Upward navigation works fine, for example going from a to z by using the up button directional press and navigating the letters in that direction works fine.

My movie library is quite large and I'll be honest the jump bar is not even functioning for me to go to any letter right now in the Roku app, just spins and have to hit home button and relaunch app. So maybe there is more to this problem. All tv's use Rokus here but my movies view is usually set to date added descending and we search for movies if we are looking for something in particular.

TV library is a lot smaller and I cant reproduce this bug on that side and can jump to any letter just fine. So perhaps it is a library size type issue in some way that causes it.

Let me know if I can provide anything else.