DLNA device profile. How to describe it correctly.

level10

level10
Hello!

There is a problem with playing video content on Samsung UE55RU8000 TV (no sound or a message stating that this file type is not supported) - I cannot correctly (efficiently) describe the specified TV in the device profile section for DLNA so that EMBY Server understands that the content for this devices need to be transcoded.

Until recently, TV Samsung UE40H5303 was used (it is using now). The algorithm for using EMBY is as follows: a user (several of them with different access rights to media content) via a smartphone with EMBY for Android accessed EMBY Server (Win) and viewed the necessary content either on a smartphone or through DLNA broadcast on Samsung UE40H5303 TV. UE40H5303 reproduces all popular formats without restrictions and such an algorithm is more than satisfied.

But the UE55RU8000 “appeared” in the local network, which “does not understand” DTS, and I don’t know how to “explain” EMBY Server that the sound for this device needs to be transcoded, but for the old UE40H5303 everything should left unchanged. From the logs files it can be seen that for both TV - EMBY Server uses DLNA profile “Samsung Smart TV”. Created a new profile for the UEU8000, but apparently did not correctly describe how the EMBY Server should recognize the UE55RU8000.

I ask for advice on how to describe the DLNA device profile so that EMBY Server distinguishes between these two TVs.

P.S. When used on the UE8000 - App Emby for Samsung - everything reproduces perfectly, but such an algorithm does not quite arrange.

Edited by level10

level10
The problem is resolved: for the TV to be correctly identified, in the DLNA / profiles / “profile name” / identification / settings / in the “Model description” section, specify the TV name in the same form as it appears in logs when trying to connect DLNA - the line “Info Dlna: DLNA Session created for **** "(in my case it is“ [TV] Samsung 8 Series (55) “)

There is an interesting point: if you set the device name in the “Model description” section, save, close and reopen it, then this section is empty (nothing is displayed in the corresponding * .xml file either, it seems that there is no such section in the .xml file ) But still it works.

After connecting a TV with the corresponding DLNA profile, new questions appeared: when re-encoding on DLNA, video rewinding does not work, subtitles are not displayed ... but more on that in other topics.

Good to all!
Edited by level10