Transfer data to new server

wollabille

wollabille

Hi all.

I dont know if there has been a post about this. If so i havent been able to find it :(

I will start to say that i ain't an IT professional. But i know a bit my way around, so i will apoligize in advance if you ask for something, that i might not understand :)

I have an old NUC with win 7 installed on it. Its here that i got my Emby server running. And it has been running without issues for many years.

But i just found out yesterday (it probably has been here for ages) that you can run the server on a Synology box. 

So my question is this. Am i able to copy my settings, cover setup, metadata settings per movie/series over from the NUC to the Synology.

If yes how is the easiest way to do this? :)

I already installed the Emby server on the Synology and when clicking the icon it just takes me to a quickguide setup.

Hope there is an easy guide or way you can show me. It would be much apreciated.

If needed, my Synology is the DS918+ and updated to latest version

Hi there, have you checked out the Emby backup plugin? You can't bring everything over so to some extent you will have to set things up again.

But you can restore users and watch data.

Seger
in addition to @@Luke Hint I suggest that you save the .nfo files and your image files such as posters in the appropriate file path. You can find this setting on your current setup under Libraries and then under Advanced Settings (e.g. when you click on "Movies").

This setup is the best for you based on your self-assessment not to be an IT nerd ;-).

Many greetings,

Seger

wollabille

Hi there, have you checked out the Emby backup plugin? You can't bring everything over so to some extent you will have to set things up again.

But you can restore users and watch data.

So i would be able to use this, and then setup up the new server before "launching it"?

wollabille

in addition to @@Luke Hint I suggest that you save the .nfo files and your image files such as posters in the appropriate file path. You can find this setting on your current setup under Libraries and then under Advanced Settings (e.g. when you click on "Movies").

This setup is the best for you based on your self-assessment not to be an IT nerd ;-).

Many greetings,
Seger

Ok cool thx.

But where do i put them in the Synology? Will there be created a folder once i have gone through the "quickstart"?

Seger
They are not inserted anywhere, is a double safeguard, so to speak. Emby re-imports the data from the online databases.

Good luck with the restart, if something is missing afterwards, you still have your old server instance.

best regards,

seger