config.html force update

Anthony Musgrove

Anthony Musgrove

Hi guys,

5e896791a4105_facebooknotifications.png

I'm currently in the process of writing a new plugin - Facebook Notifications (as a notification service).  My issue is that no matter what I do, config.html (embedded resource) does not update on compile.  I uninstall the plugin, copy the new dll over to the plugins directory, restart the emby server and click on my plugin to display the configuration page - and it doesn't update to the new changes I've made in Visual Studio C#.

Has anyone encountered this issue?  I even tried changing the version of the dll assembly to 1.0.0.1, but the config.html is still the same as what it was before I compiled the new .dll.

Any insight would be amazing.

Kind regards,

Anthony

Edited by AnthonyJM

rechigo

One thing you didn't say you did - Did you clear the browser cache?

Or, assuming you're using a chromium-based browser, check this option to disable cache (dev tools must still be open for it to work) and reload the page.

zcl.png

Also, maybe you didn't know, but another community member has also made a Facebook plugin recently: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/84419-new-plugin-facebook/

Edited by rechigo

Changing the version should do it. You may also want to keep the browser debug console open when you refresh the page.

Anthony Musgrove

Thank you so very much Luke & rechigo; this worked perfectly (cleared cache).  And thank you for the post to that plugin rechigo, this one will be doing something very dissimilar to the plugin you've showed me, however it gives great insight on how to achieve certain things that my plugin needs to do before being usable :)

Warmest regards

• Like 1