Store subs in Subfolder

jonathan.gorbutt

jonathan.gorbutt

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to download subs for my files, now Emby allows me to do this with OpenSubs etc... but I want them in a dedicated subs folder for each show/movie?

I've tried looking around but cannot seem to find an option, I can of course download them next to the files but i'd prefer to keep them seperate, but still located within the file folder?

Is it possible within Emby?

-Jonathan

Edited by jonathan.gorbutt

We don't have a setting for this, but it's possible for the future. we do support recognizing subtitles in these sub-folders if you already have them:

• subs
  • subtitles

Yes, this does need adding to our articles and linked in a couple of spots.  I'll get this added in the next day or so.

• Like 1

jonathan.gorbutt

We don't have a setting for this, but it's possible for the future. we do support recognizing subtitles in these sub-folders if you already have them:

• subs
  • subtitles

Thanks for this, is this case sensitive?

It looks like it currently is, yes, although we should update it so that it's not.

Happy2Play

It looks like it currently is, yes, although we should update it so that it's not.

I have both upper and lowercase "Subs" folders in my test systems.  And the appear to work without issue.

Edited by Happy2Play

jonathan.gorbutt

Thanks, solves my problem now, I tried it myself and wouldn't show up... 

I would look at changing that for the future, I'm a stickler for having things correctly capitalised in my library as well as allowing emby's subtitles to be stored in a subtitles folder :)  

jonathan.gorbutt

I have both upper and lowercase "Subs" folders in my test systems.  And the appear to work without issue.

Hi Happy, 

some reason Emby won't recognise mine with the uppercase just tried both subs and subtitles with the upper case and it doesn't like it... I'm currently running unraid if that helps with anything...  so no idea why.

Many Thanks

-Jonathan

Happy2Play

Hi Happy, 

some reason Emby won't recognise mine with the uppercase just tried both subs and subtitles with the upper case and it doesn't like it... I'm currently running unraid if that helps with anything...  so no idea why.

Many Thanks

-Jonathan

Might be a change as this is only old file already in database.  Have not tested adding something new to see if it works.  But that will give me something to test.

Happy2Play

I had no issue adding a properly named subtitle into "subs" or "Subs" subfolder in multiple movies on my Windows systems.

I had no issue adding a properly named subtitle into "subs" or "Subs" subfolder in multiple movies on my Windows systems.

Yup, that's true, on windows it won't matter. But other os's use case-sensitive file systems so there it will.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

the subs folder works fine IF the subs are matched by movie file name. But there are many cases the subs folder only contains .srt files that has the language in the name but not the movie file name. As this subs folder is part of the movie folder. But Emby does not recognize those subs. If I change one sub manually to match the movie file name, it does work. It there any way that Emby could recognize those Language.srt subs? Or renaming it to match the movie file name?

subs.png

3 hours ago, Heval said:

the subs folder works fine IF the subs are matched by movie file name. But there are many cases the subs folder only contains .srt files that has the language in the name but not the movie file name. As this subs folder is part of the movie folder. But Emby does not recognize those subs. If I change one sub manually to match the movie file name, it does work. It there any way that Emby could recognize those Language.srt subs? Or renaming it to match the movie file name?

subs.png

Duplicate posting from: