API integration GSuite

fidelis.it

fidelis.it

Hello,

Is there an Emby API that allows me to create users using GSuite?!?

Obs. This Emby Server is very good. Congratulations to the developers.

@@chef

Thank's.

Edited by Luke

chef

Hi there!

Emby has a very powerful API indeed.

You can play around with it by clicking on the 'API' link at the bottom of the Dashboard page.

This will take you to the API swagger.

What sorts of integrations were you thinking you'd like to see with gsuite?

fidelis.it

Exclusively at this point, I would like to add users and authentication with Google accounts for my domain.

I need to find a way to include batch users, without having to add one by one.

And with authentication using GSuite from my accounts and with the Client ID of the API created in the Google console it would be ideal.

chef

Okay,

you'll have to forgive some of my ignorance, I'm just learning about gsuite now.

How is the list of users in google accounts currently saved?

I'm just starting to read google accounts api...

I'm pretty sure that the quickest way to do this, is to create a plugin which contacts the  gsuite users endpoint, and then we'd have the opportunity (based on that data) to create emby users. 

What we could do then is create an emby scheduled task that updates emby users based on what was new in the google accounts.

The IUserManager Interface implements all access to Users in emby. So if you wanted to sync google.account passwords with emby that would also be possible.

We'd just need to figure out which google endpoint is appropriate to get user information.

Someone had asked me a while ago to create a subscription based plugin (here: https://github.com/chefbennyj1/Emby.Subscriptions)which took a CSV from google docs and created emby users based on google accounts.... among other things.

It could be possible to build on that, and sync google accounts to emby accounts.

Have I completely missed the prize here, or is that what you were thinking?  :mellow:

fidelis.it

Hello,

The link you gave is not working.

Thanks for listening. The idea is that everyone in your GSuite domain (Google Apps) will log in to Emby and if not, the system automatically creates an account on the system if it does not already exist with the settings / permissions of a standard user.

For this authentication using the Client ID and Secret Key of the Google Developer Console, just like the Emby Plugin for Google Drive does.

Here are some examples:

https://br.wordpress.org/plugins/google-apps-login/

https://support.plex.tv/articles/use-federated-authentication-to-sign-in/

Remembering that the interesting thing is not any one who has a Google account, such as Gmail for example, but accounts from exclusive domains (in the case of my corporation) could access.

We are thinking of using Emby, (which I’m already passionate about features) to share videos exclusive to the corporation and access should only be done by our employees.

Did you get it?

Thank's.

Edited by fidelis.it