Updated to 4.4.1.0 on Nvidia Shield and now can't access server

Beefy Banana

Beefy Banana

After getting prompted to update in the web app, I went and downloaded 4.4.1.0 and did so and now the server won't stay active, as soon as I close out of the Emby Server App, and try and access it either through the web app or the player on the Shield it isn't there. When I go back to the Server app again and open it, it starts up suggesting it had crashed. I've rebooted the Shield etc and still the same behaviour.

Was just wondering if anyone else was having an issue with this update or whether is it just something local to me. I've kept the previous installer so I could try rolling back?

JaScoMa
Beefy Banana

JaScoMa

Can confirm this dropbox version does the same thing.  Form me, the web interface appears to work fine up to the point of trying to get a client to connect.  As soon as this occurs, the server crashes.

Thank you..

Beefy Banana

Can you please try this version?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/264o4f8uzg7tzd7/com.emby.embyserver.apk?dl=0

I've temporarily disabled what i think is the cause for this. Thanks.

Hi Luke, thanks for looking at this. I've tried to roll back to 4.4.0 from the downloads page, but I'm getting the 'app not installed' message. I had this problem when that update first came out and you sent me a working version. Would it be possible to send me that again? I'm stuck without a working version at the moment and the tension is growing in the house. :)

Beefy Banana

Can you please try this version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/51215vohz8ef8eb/com.emby.embyserver.apk?dl=0

And then provide a new log if the same thing happens? Thanks.

Whatever you did, that seems to have sorted it! I've been up and running for about 15 minutes with no issue, played a few things to make sure and all good. Really appreciate you looking at that, I was starting to worry. Locked down with no Emby could be difficult ;)

JaScoMa

Can confirm.  Shield Server with Shield Client and I'm currently watching a H.265 HEVC movie without any issues.

Thank you..

That one's got the same initial issue. Server starts, can access it via the web app, but as soon as you open a client it hangs and crashes.. I'll go back to the 2nd one for now.

Can you provide the log files and @@JaScoMa ? Thanks.

JaScoMa

Sorry about the delay.  I stopped the server, emptied the log file folder and installed this latest version; which started the server.  Accessed the server from the web interface and then ran all the normal scheduled tasks.  Rotated the log files and then opened the Emby client on the shield and connected to this shield server.

Was previously watching a movie and was able to resume the movie from where I had last left off and it's been playing the movie fine for about 5 minutes now.

I haven't any issue wit this version of the server.

Thank you..

That's interesting, thanks. @@Beefy Banana, can you try that apk again and provide log files if there is still an issue? Are you sure you got the right one?

Beefy Banana

That's interesting, thanks. @@Beefy Banana, can you try that apk again and provide log files if there is still an issue? Are you sure you got the right one?

I've just re-downloaded to make sure it's the right one, and tried it again this morning, and it's showing exactly the same results for me. Logs attached.

embyserver.txt

hardware_detection-63721844274.txt

unhandled_0d51f6de-816d-46b1-8fe2-f3a3561a25aa.txt

unhandled_b5bc7c76-c6dd-46be-ae4e-123f8a531b59.txt

JaScoMa

Yes, can confirm that this version is working properly as well.

Downloaded, stopped existing running server and installed without any issues.  Connected the shield client to the shield server and resumed a movie I was watching previously.

Appears to be good to go.