Such a noob

KingaChris

KingaChris

I downloaded Emby on my lg smart tv earlier because my son told me it was a good streaming app.

I paid for premium and was expecting something like Netflix but now am feeling hella dumb because I can’t figure it out at all.

How do I use emby? How do I change my payment? How do I change my password?

crusher11

You really think OP is running a server?

I'm guessing 50% chance they're trying to connect to their son's server, and a 50% chance they don't realise you need a server at all (thus the Netflix comment).

Edited by crusher11

FrostByte

The difference between Netflix and Emby is that with Emby you possess all the digital media (movies, photos, music, etc) which resides on your server and is then streamed to different clients within your home.

If you downloaded the Emby client app on your LG TV then it needs to connect to the Emby server app running on a computer that you own to look up what media is available to stream.

So, it's like your own Netflix which runs on your network which you control.  What's available to stream though is whatever you provide to it

KingaChris

Cheers frostbyte, I haven’t got any media nor have I time to download it; that’s why I want to stream. Lol

Thanks anyway.

FrostByte

Cheers frostbyte, I haven’t got any media nor have I time to download it; that’s why I want to stream. Lol

Thanks anyway.

If you or anyone you know doesn't have an Emby server or media you may be able to PM @@ebr about your payment for premiere 

Connect to your son's server?

I doubt his son is running a server. If he was, surely he wouldn't just tell his dad to go download emby and start streaming - I mean unless he's trying to get back at dear old dad for making him wash dishes and clean his room. Haha Dad, it doesn't work... gotcha?

My bet is he saw somebody using emby, saw how great it is and thought hey I'll just have dad get emby, then dad will finally love me. ;)

Kids! :lol:

KingaChris

I doubt his son is running a server. If he was, surely he wouldn't just tell his dad to go download emby and start streaming - I mean unless he's trying to get back at dear old dad for making him wash dishes and clean his room. Haha Dad, it doesn't work... gotcha?

My bet is he saw somebody using emby, saw how great it is and thought hey I'll just have dad get emby, then dad will finally love me. ;)

Kids! :lol:

Lol, well the joke’s on him because now I deleted his Disney plus...

But yeh he told me that my ex wife’s friend uses emby so it was really good. She probably put him up to it. Bitch. Lol