Server: Identify button for TV Show Specials

iPenguin02

iPenguin02

For TV Show episodes and specials there should be a identify button. The Specials are in order of when specials were released versus having them in order of type of specials. What i mean by that is separate order for movies and other specials like holiday specials.

Here's my other thread on this issue.

there is no identify function for episodes and there's no reason to. you just name them consistently with the documented conventions and the server takes care of the rest.

iPenguin02

there is no identify function for episodes and there's no reason to. you just name them consistently with the documented conventions and the server takes care of the rest.

If i followed the structure for TV shows then i wouldn't know if it was a Movie, OVA, or just a holiday special.

iPenguin02

Specials should be in a Season 00 folder and follow the episode listed at thetvdb.com. Then they will be properly integrated into your series and retrieve the proper metadata.

See the newer Doctor Who for example: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=78804&seasonid=26260&lid=7

I have no problem with the folder being season 00. I just have a problem with the naming structure of each file using tvdb. covered in my thread that i linked, that particular dragon ball episode should be movie 14 vs being movie 26 in tvdb because it is based on released date.

Koleckai Silvestri

Use the Anime Metadata provider. It is a plugin. Should number things better.

Edited by Wayne Luke

iPenguin02

Use the Anime Metadata provider. It is a plugin. Should number things better.

Anything i need to do before installing that plugin? or after to my file names?

Koleckai Silvestri

I don't actually use it. Was just presenting it as an option. You'll probably have to open a topic in the plugin forum to get help from the developer.

Personally, I rename my Anime to fit the needs of the thetvdb.com provider. If anything needs to be reordered, I just do it within the metadata. That works for me. 

• 2 weeks later...
iPenguin02

I understand where your coming from Luke but for organization and for proper categorization I like this type of structure better.

Hope you guys would consider this maybe later down the line. Mb3 has come a long way from when I first discovered it that's why opted to donate. I regret my decision to support plex 70 bucks down the drain. Mb3 is all I use now.