98% of my Movie Metadata wiped, most of library being re-added as if it were new. Any idea what happened??

BlazedMonkey

BlazedMonkey

Earlier today, everything looked fine.  All my movies had posters and metadata, all my collections were working just fine.  I restarted the server to update to version 4.4.1.0 at 5:43pm, everything looked fine after the update, so I went about working on some other stuff.  I added a few movies here and there as encodes finished, and now, I look back at Emby, and ALL my metadata is gone except for about 80 movies or so that still have posters and synopsis. There is no rhyme or reason as to the movies that still have metadata. Some are recently added while some are older, some have custom chosen posters while others are the defaults downloaded, etc.

The only thing left in "Collections" at this point is stuff that had TV shows in it. like the Star Wars Collection, but all the movies are missing from it as it if hasn't scanned the movies for collections yet. 

It's basically acting like it's seeing the majority of my movie collection for the first time, and adding everything to "Latest Movies" in reverse alphabetical order (minus the movies that still had metadata/posters left).

TV Shows and Music are completely unaffected.

Any thoughts?  Does this have something to do with the latest update?

• Like 2

BlazedMonkey

Hi there, how are your movie folders organized ?

H:\Movies\Movie Name (YEAR)\Movie File (YEAR).Bluray.1080p-GRP.mkv

each folder also has the matching .nfo file created by emby inside the folder.

Edited by BlazedMonkey

Brendon

Exact same thing is happening to mine as well, completely rescanning everything back into the library, been going for a few hrs now.

EDIT: Seems to be contained to Movie Libraries only for me, it took about 8hrs to complete across 5x 4TB drives, with about 17TB of media, it completely messed up edited metadata on dozens of movies.

Edited by Brendon

Just noticed my server is waiting to restart after installing the update to 4.4.1. This is a bummer since I disabled automatic updates at least a couple versions ago. Apparently 4.4.0.40 enabled auto updates and I missed it. Luckily auto restart was left disabled. Is there any way to revert until the cause of this issue is determined? I have multiple movie folders and they are a bit of a free-for-all. I don't do any re-naming or separate folders for each movie. It's never been a problem for me (to emby's credit).

Please don't enable auto updates by default.

• Like 1

Please don't enable auto updates by default.

Hi.  Did you update a previous version manually?  If you do it manually, then that option is re-enabled, I believe.

Hi.  Did you update a previous version manually?  If you do it manually, then that option is re-enabled, I believe.

Yes. I must say that seems counterintuitive.

Edit: I've always done updates through the dashboard. Does that count as "manual"?

Edited by C.S.

Edit: I've always done updates through the dashboard. Does that count as "manual"?

If you mean by pressing the "Update Now" button, then yes, I believe so.

khodges747

In my case all my Collections are gone except the 3 that have TV shows included.

I didn't seem to lose any metadata in my movies.

Also, please let me decide if I want automatic updates. This is an excellent example of why that should be the case and why, if I change it in Settings, you should NEVER set it back for any reason.

• Like 2

Since my server has yet to be restarted after the update to 4.4.1.0, can I safely shut it down and revert by running the 4.4.0.40 installer I just downloaded from github? Sorry if the answer is super obvious but I've never tried this before.

Brendon

In my case all my Collections are gone except the 3 that have TV shows included.

I didn't seem to lose any metadata in my movies.

Also, please let me decide if I want automatic updates. This is an excellent example of why that should be the case and why, if I change it in Settings, you should NEVER set it back for any reason.

Just checked that and yep all my collections are gone.

The changed metadata i mentioned earlier is probably down to me not using .nfo files which is about to change, but that maybe suggests something went amiss with the movie database in this release.

Edited by Brendon

Since my server has yet to be restarted after the update to 4.4.1.0, can I safely shut it down and revert by running the 4.4.0.40 installer I just downloaded from github? Sorry if the answer is super obvious but I've never tried this before.

Turn off automatic updates, then shut down the server and delete the "update" folder and then you can just re-start.  The update actually happens at start up so it hasn't happened yet for you.

• Like 1

BlazedMonkey

So what the heck happened here boys? That just blew a LOOOOOT of custom edits down the tubes for me :(

Edited by BlazedMonkey

nicko84

Turn off automatic updates, then shut down the server and delete the "update" folder and then you can just re-start.  The update actually happens at start up so it hasn't happened yet for you.

I did it but i'm still in 4.4.1.0. Thanks for your help

nicko84

Last movies added list is wrong and i've lost all my collections !

Tv shows last added list is good.

Edited by nicko84

naeyaert

I've just been directed here by "Trial and Error" User...

I posted a message saying I'm having the same problem.  All of a sudden 4.4.1.0 comes along and BAM!!! all my movies are screwed up.  I tried to rebuild my library bit it's taking FOOOOOOOREVER - says "90.7%" last night and when I woke up this morning 7 hours later it said "90.8%".  At this rate I'll be 78yrs old when my library rebuilds.

What's going on here Emby?  Can anyone help as this is obviously a major problem for some users.

Some simple suggestions appreciated to get my very well organized library back please.

Thanks in advance, Rob 

Happy2Play

No it was actually you @@FrostByte. :D

But the percentage is not very accurate. 

LOGS

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

FrostByte

First time I've been called that for posting a link  :)

Edited by FrostByte

Happy2Play

First time I've been called that :)

Just my applied member title, just like ebr's "Chief Bottle Washer" title.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Just my applied member title, just like ebr's "Chief Bottle Washer" title.

LOL.  Missed that.  Thought he was calling me that because I'm pretty sure I was the one who posted the link here :)  Oh, well.  funny

naeyaert

First time I've been called that for posting a link  :)

So why is this happening to just the movie folders and some movies seem fine?

I saw a post saying 4.5.0.4 (beta) was supposed to fix this but it hasnt.

I'm now running this beta version and again it's stuck at 91.0% rebuild of my movies library

What is going on guys???? 

Edited by naeyaert

FrostByte

Did you stop the scan from the previous version to load the beta?  If so, the damage was already done.  The server still needs to finish a complete scan even if this was fixed

Happy2Play

So why is this happening to just the movie folders and some movies seem fine?

I saw a post saying 4.5.0.4 (beta) was supposed to fix this but it hasnt.

I'm now running this beta version and again it's stuck at 91.0% rebuild of my movies library

What is going on guys???? 

Need a log to see what is going on.  But once something like this has happened the only fix is allowing the scan for finish, or if you do system backups, restoring to before the update.  Already mentioned my theory in your topic.

• Like 1