images not coming up on app

cr0wbaar

cr0wbaar

For some reason Emby wont download and display images on new content added like it use to. I've checked all the settings and looks like I have everything I should checked unless I'm missing something. I've tried refreshing the metadata and checking replace all images but can't find anything else that might help. 

post-619581-0-85518800-1585953199_thumb.png

post-619581-0-08095300-1585953244_thumb.png

post-619581-0-23855500-1585953252_thumb.png

cr0wbaar

I have both the series and season image fetchers set to grab from the tvdb and fan art and in the settings I have everything checked (primary, art, banner, logo, thumb) and the max/min thing is set to 1/1280

OK, please try refreshing the metadata on a series, then attach the emby server log. thanks.

cr0wbaar

OK, please try refreshing the metadata on a series, then attach the emby server log. thanks.

should I just copy and paste it or is there a way for me to download to log to attach?

You can download the log from the web interface, then click more reply options here next to the post button to attach files .thanks.

cr0wbaar

You can download the log from the web interface, then click more reply options here next to the post button to attach files .thanks.

This is after I tried to refresh the metadata.

embyserver.txt

Happy2Play

I don't know the error but your system throws this error for TVDB and similar for connection info

2020-04-04 02:55:03.325 Error App: Error getting connection info

2020-04-04 21:16:39.177 Error App: Error in TheTVDB
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.4.0.40
	Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Unix 4.19.0.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Runtime: file:///system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	System.Environment.Version: 3.1.2
	Processor count: 24
	Program data path: /config
	Application directory: /system
	System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Name or service not known
	 ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0xFFFDFFFF): Name or service not known
	   at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.ConnectAsync(String host, Int32 port, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.FindSeriesInternal(String name, String language, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.FindSeries(String name, Nullable`1 seriesYear, Nullable`1 episodeAirDate, String language, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.GetMetadata(SeriesInfo searchInfo, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: System.Net.Http
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()
	InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Name or service not known
	Source: System.Private.CoreLib
	TargetSite: Void Throw()
	   at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.ConnectAsync(String host, Int32 port, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Edited by Happy2Play

Are you still running into this? It looks like your server is having trouble connecting to tvdb.

cr0wbaar

Yeah I still can't get it to load images for new series I've added and not really sure what to do to fix it.

Edited by cr0wbaar

cr0wbaar

Is something blocking your connection to tvdb?

As far as I know there shouldn't be anything blocking it but I'm not really sure how to figure that out for sure.

Typical causes of this are firewall, security software, or vpn. Can you look into those?

MndWrp

if I can interject something here... i also get this problem.

Any new content I add does not display images. However, I don't use any image providers. They're all turned off in my case, and I typically provide my own images (i know, i'm weird...)

server 4.4.1.0

5e8cf75d9a01e_folder.jpg5e8cf772849f0_result.jpg

Edited by MndWrp

MndWrp

Typical causes of this are firewall, security software, or vpn. Can you look into those?

I don't think this is a firewall etc issue, the images are all there in my case, but just not picked up by emby

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Edited by MndWrp

I got a post going on about this too specific to music art.  I too have scrapers turned off (uninstalled Musicbrainz and AudioDB because they were screwing up my music library presentation).  I have a similar folder structure as above with backdrop.jpg files and artist.nfo files.  The server is not applying these files manually to the folder.  In my case it is working fine with movies and tv shows.  Probably because I still have the movie and tv scraper plugins turned on.  But it won't pick up the hard coded files in the music section and I can't force it to apply the files even with a metadate refresh.  How do we make the server apply the files we have loaded in absence of a scraper plugin? 

MndWrp

I got a post going on about this too specific to music art.  I too have scrapers turned off (uninstalled Musicbrainz and AudioDB because they were screwing up my music library presentation).  I have a similar folder structure as above with backdrop.jpg files and artist.nfo files.  The server is not applying these files manually to the folder.  In my case it is working fine with movies and tv shows.  Probably because I still have the movie and tv scraper plugins turned on.  But it won't pick up the hard coded files in the music section and I can't force it to apply the files even with a metadate refresh.  How do we make the server apply the files we have loaded in absence of a scraper plugin? 

Thank you for this. As a test i did try to turn a movie scraper back on, and the file downloaded fine and is displayed in emby apps... but the file is named [filename]-poster.jpg instead of poster.jpg

So it looks like simply having an image named poster.jpg is not working. Hopefully this can be resolved soon!

Luke... ?  :)

There are communication failures to the internet metadata providers so that's why I said that. But yes it should be using those existing images.

MndWrp

There are communication failures to the internet metadata providers so that's why I said that. But yes it should be using those existing images.

It's not picking them up... And if i manually add them via the edit images feature, it creates a (filename)-poster.jpg file as well. So simply having a poster.jpg in there seems broken...

- Server 4.4.1.0 on Synology

- Library is mixed content (as are all my libraries, but i did try to create a proper movie library and i get the same result)

Thanks for the help!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

MndWrp

Hey @@Luke, i did another quick test and removed the 720p files from the setup, leaving a single 1080p movie. The images are now visible, meaning that the images not displaying have something to do with the multi-version aspect of these movies.

Any hope to fix this ?

• 1 month later...
cr0wbaar

Just wanted to post a conclusion to this, I ended up restarting the docker my Emby server was running on and all the meta data and images started updating correctly afterwards.