Extras: Plex vs. Emby. It seems Plex provides additional extras for movies automatically. Can we get these for Emby too?

BlazedMonkey

BlazedMonkey

I run both Emby and Plex due to user preferences, so I notice differences between both on the occasions that I wander over to Plex.  As I was going through some movies, I noticed that Plex provides some additional extras automatically that don't seem to appear on Emby.  I'm not sure where these are scraped from, but it appears to be IMDB?  Would it be possible to add this feature to Emby as well? I know the trailers already have a dedicated button on Emby, but the Interviews and Behind the Scenes stuff is a nice addition to be included in the Extras.

I've attached some example comparisons.

Thanks!

EDIT:  It would be great if any user provided featurettes were listed first before other scraped extras.

post-389334-0-13155700-1585943723_thumb.jpg

post-389334-0-95376100-1585943729_thumb.jpg

Edited by BlazedMonkey

Spaceboy

Hi, yes that's something we're interested in for the future. thanks.

yes please, I have extras of this kind. Currently I preface the extra name with the type, eg Behind the scenes - example.ext

But it would be good to get proper support for them

The source that they're using is actually fairly expensive. We could use Youtube just like we do with trailers, but of course that will come with the limitation that some platforms won't be able to play them.

Spaceboy

The source that they're using is actually fairly expensive. We could use Youtube just like we do with trailers, but of course that will come with the limitation that some platforms won't be able to play them.

oh I’m providing the extras. I got them when I ripped the disks. I just would prefer they weren’t all clumped together in one extras folder. It would be nice to have them separated by type in the ui like plex does

BlazedMonkey

yes please, I have extras of this kind. Currently I preface the extra name with the type, eg Behind the scenes - example.ext

But it would be good to get proper support for them

What I described in the first post and what you are asking for are two different things.

Spaceboy

What I described in the first post and what you are asking for are two different things.

yeah mines much easier to do [emoji3]