Emby 4.4.0.40-1 Sopped after update on DS1010+

Astryan

Astryan

Hello emby fans

In english
After an update of the emby v4.4.0.40-1 server on my synology DS1010 + (DSM5.2-5967 Update 9), the emby process refuses to launch even after several reboots.
I stopped and restarted the server but nothing helps.
Any idea to solve this problem? Uninstall and reinstall? => Loss of data?
Thank you
Cordially,
Astryan

In french
Après une mise à jour du server emby v4.4.0.40-1 sur mon synology DS1010+ (DSM5.2-5967 Update 9), le process emby refuse de se lancer même après plusieurs "reboot".
J'ai stoppé et relancé le serveur mais rien n'y fait; Probable
Une idée pour résoudre ce problème? Désinstallation et réinstallation? => Perte des données?
Merci
Cordialement.
Astryan

post-263279-0-63006900-1585935982_thumb.png

post-263279-0-27922600-1585935984_thumb.png

naffff

Hi,

i wish i have come here before updated one hour ago  :lol:

i have the same problem exactly. Synology ds1010+ 

I'm a bit desperate, i dont think i have backup, i dont want to lose metadata and db  :(

i dont know if i should make a separate topic.

Astryan
Hi
I sympathize!
In the immediate future, the best answer is to wait for an opinion from the staff.
> Possible problem in the update for this server :-(
Astryan

Hi
Je compatis!
Dans l'immédiat, la meilleure réponse est d'attendre un avis du staff.
> Possible problème dans la mise jour pour ce serveur :-(
Astryan

naffff

Hello @@Astryan, @@naffff

We'll get this figured out, if possible, please can you run the 'Send Logs' utility : https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-How-to-Send-us-Support-Logs

I should be able to get an idea of what's going wrong on your h/w from these.

Best

- James

Thanks mate

logs sent.

sendlogs_FOG_synology_x86_1010+_20200403T223213UTC.tgz

solabc16

Hi @@naffff

Thanks for that, I've got them and have done a quick analysis.

I can see what is causing the problem, just need to figure out why.

Installing an updated package will bring your system back, so just standby.

Best

- James

solabc16

Hello Again

Ok, I think I've found the problem. The combination of h/w and an older DSM has provided a crack for us to fall down.

If you can SSH as root, like you did above, then run the following this should help confirm.

find / -iname "libgssapi_krb5.so.2" -o -iname "libkrb5.so.3" -o -iname "libk5crypto.so.3" -o -iname "libcom_err.so.2" -o -iname "libkrb5support.so.0"
Please post the output here.Thanks.

Best
- James
Edited by solabc16

solabc16

Hello @@naffff

I'm signing off for today, if you can post the output from the above in the mean time, that would be great.

This will get my priority attention in the morning and we'll get an update out to address it.

Best

- James

NOTE : For anybody else reading, the package for 'x86 (x64)' based systems has been pulled temporarily until we resolve this. If you're not sure of the 'Package Arch' for your system, you can check here : https://www.synology.com/en-uk/knowledgebase/DSM/tutorial/Compatibility_Peripherals/What_kind_of_CPU_does_my_NAS_have and look for 'X86' in the 'Package Arch' column.

naffff

Hello Again

Ok, I think I've found the problem. The combination of h/w and an older DSM has provided a crack for us to fall down.

If you can SSH as root, like you did above, then run the following this should help confirm.

find / -iname "libgssapi_krb5.so.2" -o -iname "libkrb5.so.3" -o -iname "libk5crypto.so.3" -o -iname "libcom_err.so.2" -o -iname "libkrb5support.so.0"
Please post the output here.Thanks.

Best
- James

hope this helps

xxxx> find / -iname "libgssapi_krb5.so.2" -o -iname "libkrb5.so.3" -o -iname "libk5crypto.so.3" -o -iname "libcom_err.so.2" -o -iname "libkrb5support.so.0"

/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so.2
/lib/libkrb5.so.3
/lib/libkrb5support.so.0
/lib/libk5crypto.so.3
/lib64/libcom_err.so.2
/volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/3rdparty/system/2.28/lib/libk5crypto.so.3
/volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/3rdparty/system/2.28/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so.2
/volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/3rdparty/system/2.28/lib/libcom_err.so.2
/volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/3rdparty/system/2.28/lib/libkrb5.so.3
/volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/3rdparty/system/2.28/lib/libkrb5support.so.0

Astryan

Hello @@solabc16, @@naffff.
Thanks for your help.
Sorry to not be here.
Same library combinations as naffff.

Bonjour @@solabc16, @@naffff.
Merci pour votre aide.
Désolé de ne pas être présent.
Mêmes combinaisons de librairies que naffff.

Edited by Astryan

solabc16

Thank you for the above, that's really helpful and confirms we're on the right track.

I'm working on a fix now.

If you're happy running a few commands from an SSH session, I should be able to get you up and running again in the meantime. Let me know and I'll PM you the details.

Best

- James

solabc16

Hello @Astryan, @naffff

I've made an updated version of the stable available on the beta channel. Please see the following page for details on how to switch to the beta channel : https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-Accessing-Beta-and-Development-Releases.

This is the full latest stable, I just don't want to make it available on the stable channel until we've validated it addresses the issue.

To switch back to the regular stable channel, all you'll need to do is switch the Package Center URL back to the regular one once we're done.

Let me know how you get on.

Best

- James

Edited by solabc16

naffff

Hello,

i switched on the beta channel, and i can report that the server is back online. no problem so far. Version 4.4.0.40-3.

the dashboard says that "A new version of Emby Server is available! Version 4.4.1.0 is available"

Should i continue with the beta, or the new stable is already available?

Astryan
Hello
Also tested with version 4.4.0.40-3. Synology server functional and connection with windows 10, shield and android ok, testing and adding of album and video ok..
Thanks @solab16 for the fix :)
Astryan

Bonjour
Testé également avec version 4.4.0.40-3. Serveur Synology fonctionnel et connexion avec windows 10, shield et android ok, test et ajout d'album et de vidéo ok.
Merci @solab16 pour le correctif :)
Astryan

solabc16

Thanks for testing out the updated stable on the beta channel, great news we've managed to solve the issue.

I made it available on the beta channel, just so we could test without causing too much confusion.

There is an updated stable coming shortly, I'm working on this now, so it will start rolling out during the course of today. You can switch back to the regular stable channel now in Package Center, I'll post an update when 4.4.1.0 is available.

FYI, the issue was down to DSM5 not providing x64 versions of the Kerberos libraries.

Best

- James

• Like 1

solabc16

The 4.4.1.0 stable release is now available for your platform, let me know how you get on.

Remember to switch your Package Center configuration back, if you haven't already.

Best

- James

Astryan

Everything is ok for me too.
Good continuation.
cordially
Astryan.

Tout est ok pour moi également.
Bonne continuation.
Cordialement
Astryan.