Home Screen - 'On Now' shows all USA Programmes

philcrook

philcrook

Just recently noticed that the Home Screen section 'On Now' is displaying all USA based tv programmes and unsure what I might have changed to have these appear, as before they showed UK channels. From my investigation I do not have anything that might point to this. Using a HDHomeRun with standard Emby Guide Data provider. Checked all my settings and they seem fine. Puzzled?

post-593627-0-79759100-1585930775_thumb.jpg

post-593627-0-54928200-1585930784_thumb.jpg

philcrook

I've deleted the HDHomeRun and reinstalled it, then the guide was refreshed and still they show.

philcrook

As additional info; I have checked it on an iPad and iPhone and they have the same US information, but on a Fire stick it shows UK channels correctly?

That's strange. There's no reason for it to be different on those devices. Did you try restarting those apps? Are you logged in as the same emby user on all of them?

philcrook

Yes, very strange. I have one server, one user-me and logged in as me on all devices, and closed and restarted server and apps, still the same. Definitely different though on the Fire Stick. If I access one of the US 'On Now' programmes on any apple devices it tries to load it but fails. If I go to the Firestick and access any of the 'On Now' programmes they are all UK channels and work correctly. Very perplexed!!

Hi.  The Apple TV app I don't think has been updated yet to use our new "On Now" logic but the web app has.  The Fire is showing you programs from your channels based on your current channel sort setting.  What is that set to?

Okay, you've sorted your channels by "Title" which is by the actual channel name.  I think maybe the home screen of the web app is not understanding that sort order yet (as the guide doesn't either).

If you change that to "Last Played", then do you get programs from your last played channels on the home screen "On Now"?

philcrook

No 'On Now' stays the same. I have though been checking my tv guide information to see where this might be coming from. It appears looking at the Live TV guide there are some 261 USA channels (with no channel numbers) before my tuner channel numbers (see attached)  and the first 24 of these USA channels are those that are showing as the 'On Now' set. So my question is how do I get rid of these 261 channels with no id as they must be held somewhere on my system and don't relate to anything. I have deleted the HDHomerun device and EPG and they are still visible even with these items removed?

post-593627-0-67370400-1586706587_thumb.jpg

philcrook

Currently only the HDHomerun as you can see from the thumbnail picture 3rd April, although some time ago I was experimenting with the option to add M3U Tuner via the TV source setup, but didn't seem to get it to work so removed it.

do you have any live tv plugins installed? the channels could also be coming from there.

What plugins are listed in the plugins section of the server? Or you can attach an emby server log and i can tell from that. thanks.

philcrook

Thanks for the help here. I removed anything I thought was not relevant: IPTV and NextPVR, and cleared the Scheduled Task - Internet Channels which was set to refresh every 12 hours and this resolved the problem. So I now have the correct guide listing without the USA channels and the 'On Now' is the current correct uk channels. So thank you for your help in resolving an issue I just couldn't understand.