Additional TheTVDB display orders

KMBanana

KMBanana

TheTVDB now supports more alternative orders than just Aired/Absolute/DVD.  Can Emby query these additional orders and add them as options?  

Two examples of shows I've seen this used are Re:Zero which has a "Director's Cut" display order and Money Heist which has a "Netflix" order.  

https://thetvdb.com/series/re-zero-starting-life-in-another-world

https://thetvdb.com/series/la-casa-de-papel

• Like 11
  • Agree 9

Happy2Play

From current research and mentioned in other topics, this information is currently only accessible via their web site.  Their is no option via their api to get this info.  I would assume when they release v4, it will be availble.

unanswered topic

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=63620&p=173843&hilit=api+netflix+order#p173843

Another topic with a answer

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=57220&p=166068&hilit=api+netflix+order#p166068

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
Chiefmas

Is there any update on this? It looks like thetvdb api v4 is out, though as I'm reading about this, it also sounded like there was a monetization plan on the part of TheTVDB which might prove problematic? I'm running really hard into the alternate ordering now, so I'm interested to know what the options/plans are going forward. Sorry about the thread necromancy, I can start another one, if that is preferred.

Thanks!

GrimReaper
23 minutes ago, Chiefmas said:

Is there any update on this? It looks like thetvdb api v4 is out, though as I'm reading about this, it also sounded like there was a monetization plan on the part of TheTVDB which might prove problematic? I'm running really hard into the alternate ordering now, so I'm interested to know what the options/plans are going forward. Sorry about the thread necromancy, I can start another one, if that is preferred.

Thanks!

I remember this thread being pinned in General, anyway you can roam through last few pages here:

9 hours ago, Chiefmas said:

Thanks!

The v4 api is not free and the older apis will remain available for a little longer this year, so we're going to wait and see how things shake out.

Chiefmas
2 hours ago, Luke said:

The v4 api is not free and the older apis will remain available for a little longer this year, so we're going to wait and see how things shake out.

thanks for the update! It did seem like it would turn into a problem there. Sorry about not posting in the other thread, I searched for alternate ordering and this thread is the one that comes up. I wonder if there's a point where you guys should consider adding on a service, if not a complete database, at least an augmentation one service for alternate ordering. Marginal fee for just supporting it, but perhaps something like, X accepted contributions to the database per month gets a month of service, a carrot to help grow it. The amount of titles that really need it are probably pretty small, compared to the universe of titles, so an augmentation database would only be a fraction of something striving for completeness.

• 1 year later...
GrimReaper

Bumping both FRs for support for additional episode orders from providers as there's been unusually high-activity in topics related, during last two days.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Johnnycyan

How is this still not a thing? Even Jellyfin has this and it's free software??? Can someone please explain to me why this is not on Emby yet? Like just let me provide my own API key for this if you don't want to pay the laughably low amount yourselves.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Starap

This would be amazing for Monogatari's book order. Really hope it makes its way in eventually.

• Thanks 1