external offline usb drives media art scan

Furycom

Furycom

hi!

i have a huge collection located at 50% on a nas and the 0ther 50% is located on 20 external unplugged hard drive

when i want to scan a new libs from a drive , i plug the drvie in via usb , and i add a new libs from it and it scan

after the scan i have all my movie cover loaded , but when unplug the drive , 10minutes later , the cover image vanishes

is there a particuliar setting for this case ?

crusher11

So you removed the drive the data was stored on, and were then surprised when it didn't show up?

Furycom

its ok , plex dosent remove my libs just because i unplug a drive , and yeah , its cause me a surprise , emby is useless for me if it work that way

Furycom

what's the point of erasing data because of a disconnected drive?

if i disconnect my drive , my movie are still here , its not erased , i can connect it on demand

have you ever see another piece of software who erase libs when drive disconect?

Happy2Play

That is what a schedule scan does.  If media is no longer available it is removed from the database during scans.  So everything needs to be available to be maintained in the Emby database.  There isn't really a offline mode to maintain everything you may have ever scanned into Emby.

have you ever see another piece of software who erase libs when drive disconect?

Yes I have seen several media manager software programs that remove items when they are no longer available.

Edited by Happy2Play