Chromecast AutoReconnect

Anarchy

Anarchy

Hi guys i'd like to bring up the topic of Chromecast auto reconnect, i noticed that someone had mentioned this in a feature request but that was in 2017 so id like to reopen the topic.

currently when i Chromecast from my phone it connects and the remote works as intended however if i was to become disconnected from the Chromecast by means other than using the disconnect option E.g. closing the app or getting disconnected from the wifi for what ever reason, currently the app does not automatically reconnect to the Chromecast.

i would suggest that the app be given the ability to reconnect to the Chromecast automatically, in addition to this i think if you where watching a TV show that after a few episodes of inactivity from the remote (the users device) that it would ask the user if they are still watching

Hi, yes I think makes sense on the wifi disconnect, but if you close and reopen the app, isn't that a little different? In other words the app can't necessarily predict that you would want to reconnect.

Anarchy

i know that netflix does auto reconnect after the app has been closed assuming the user had not disconnected from the chromecast before hand. i imagine there may be reasons you don't want it to reconnect so maybe there can be a setting to turn auto reconnect of on app start up.

the reason i close the app when chromecasting comes down to another issue. i may chromecast to the tv and decide i want to play a game on my phone while watching the tv however if i try to adjust the volume on my Iphone to be specific it adjusts the chrome cast volume which i don't want to do. apple does not have a way that i know of to change the volume of a specific app, at least easily. however this is a different issue and i may make a perpetrate post about this.

Maltavius

Hi, yes I think makes sense on the wifi disconnect, but if you close and reopen the app, isn't that a little different? In other words the app can't necessarily predict that you would want to reconnect.

Most likely if the app has been closed or lost connection anyway (which happens ALOT) I want to stop playing the next episode or something, so I would definitely want to reconnect.

If emby is playing media to my chromecast I want to be connected on my phone. Especially since I probably was the one starting the playback in the first place.