PLEASE HELP

chris_martin

chris_martin

i've recently come to emby from plex because the plex service has become more and more unreliable over the last 2 yrs to the point of becoming unusable.... ive mabaged to get everything working remotely on port 8096 with no problems whatsoever. however port 8920 is dead in the water as far as emby is concerned.... im using and asuscomm.com ddns with a let encrypt key and have converted it from pem ot pfx as directed in other posts with a passowrd etc.... the ports are forwarded on my router and can both be seen from canyuseeme.org... and yet emby still wont connect via https on any device in or ut of my network.... ive been going through the forum for the last 3 days and am almost at the point of just sticking to netfix and not wasting another dollar or minute trying to get these things to work as advertised..... im not a particularly advance user as im sure you can tell.....and emby has a rediculous amount of logs already so wouldn't know where to begin in providing more information.. i really am at the end of my teather with this

maegibbons

So how are you testing it?

Have you got it working on the LAN with https?

Krs

Mark

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

chris_martin

it doesnt work on that port in or out of my network, ive tested it by using the app and my domain.com:port# in my browser and still nothing thatbport is open on my ip when i check it from canyouseeme.org

maegibbons

How about ip and port?

Should ask you to create exception.

Krs

Mark

maegibbons

Then something is not right with the port.

If you have disabled the PC firewall and it still gives that then post your network settings screen from with emby.

Krs

Mark

Happy2Play

What does "however port 8920 is dead in the water" mean?  I have zero issues with port 8920 and using my ssl certificate.

If 8920 does not show open like 8096, then I would first look at port forwarding, then the firewall to ensure port is configured. 

Most of the time at least in Windows disabling firewall doesn't help.

chris_martin

it means it doesn't work. not seen.. not by emby atleast. it shows as open and working when i check it on canyouseeme.org so i dont understand why emby doesn't see it

rbjtech

Pretty sure this has nothing to do with the ports - the OP has said that both ports are being answered by using canyouseeme.org - this prooves the port forwarding is working and the firewalls are allowing the traffic in/out.

I suspect it's a Certificate issue.

A simple 'netstat -a | find "8920" will tell you if the host is listening on the correct port.

It should show something like this (with 192.168.30.100 being the host in my case)

C:\netstat -a | find "8920"
  TCP    0.0.0.0:8920           MEDIA:0                LISTENING
  TCP    192.168.30.100:8920    host**-***-107-255:41771  ESTABLISHED
  TCP    192.168.30.100:8920    host**-***-107-255:41773  ESTABLISHED
  TCP    [::]:8920              MEDIA:0                LISTENING
Edited by rbjtech

chris_martin

this whole thing is driving me nuts, you guys really need to get this sorted so its easier for the noobs like me

Happy2Play

There are dozens of how to's but.  No one understands "it doesn't work".  As rbjtech mentioned it could be the certificate itself that is the issue, but we are all just guessing with the information provided.

maegibbons

Pretty sure this has nothing to do with the ports - the OP has said that both ports are being answered by using canyouseeme.org - this prooves the port forwarding is working and the firewalls are allowing the traffic in/out.

I suspect it's a Certificate issue.

Which is why I asked him to test internally by ip and port.

He should be able to override an invalid certificate.

His port forwarding may be totally wrong giving canyouseeme a false positive.

Build it up from the basic networking.

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons

chris_martin

how do i attach thing to send you guys?? tell me which logs which files and which printscreens you need and how to send them pls

Happy2Play

Right you should get a cert error in browser via WANIP:port.  There just is not enough information.

maegibbons

If i was guessing i would say he has installed the cert wrong and emby is not opening the port properly or the pc firewall is still enabled.

Krs

Mark

maegibbons

Right you should get a cert error in browser via WANIP:port. There just is not enough information.

Try LANIP:port first. We do not know if he has hairpin nat enabled.

Krs

Mark