TV Guide: Filter 'Sign Off' from suggestions

stuartsharp

stuartsharp

Hi,

I find that the suggestions in the Emby TV guide tend to favour slots where nothing is being broadcast. They show up as 'Sign Off,' or 'Channel Off Air,' and most of these slots tend to get pushed to the front of the suggestions (I've attached a screenshot as an example).

I think most people would agree that a channel not broadcasting anything is a poor basis for recommended viewing. Please could this be filtered out of the recommendations in a future update?

Stuart

post-611084-0-74721800-1585836250_thumb.png

• Like 1

stuartsharp

Hi, what guide data are you using?

Hi Luke,

It's Emby guide data. I'm in the UK and I've chosen 'Local OTA broadcast' with the correct postcode. The code is GBR-OTAS70

I've also tried 'Freeview - Yorkshire' code GBR-1000051-DEFAULT. Same result.

Edit: I opened the first few suggestions and I see they're all for today's date, but with starting times much earlier in the day. So it's advertising shows that have already finished, rather than picking out times when there won't be anything on. Some of the times are weird, for example starting at 5am and ending 4am.

Edited by stuartsharp

Ok, we'll have to see if the guide data gives us a way of determining this. Thanks for the feedback.