Weird E-Mail "Confirm Emby Account Link"

scylla

scylla

Hi,

I've received a strange E-Mail (screenshot attached below) and wonder what this is all about - There is no Frederiks-MacBook in our household.

Link has expired (https://connect.emby.media/service/ServerAuthorizations/accept?id=d9756b520ab688cbdbb79a4a9b2c4cc8&token=0b2aca92ef642111c645d26d4a8a4e0f&requesterId=) as it has been a few weeks since I got that mail, still wondering

• what this was
  • why it occured
  • how / where to controll this?

Any help appreciated

Best

Hans

post-266754-0-33176200-1585824896_thumb.jpg

mark-in-dallas

I would venture guess that somebody either entered an incorrect email address, or it was non Emby related malicious email.

Hi yes it just means someone sent an invitation to the wrong person. You can ignore it.

• 2 weeks later...
Fernando

I constantly receive this kind of emails since years ago. My email address is not easily confused because it uses my full names and surnames. I believe that there must be some problem in assigning or routing them within the process of assigning accounts.

5e95dbd4286d7_snip_20200414125026.png

They might be inviting the username Fernando by mistake thinking it would apply to someone else they know named Fernando. That's often the issue. I would just ignore it.