37 replies to this topic

#21 speechles OFFLINE  

speechles

Advanced Member

• App Developer
  • 6088 posts
  • Local time: 04:23 AM

Posted 09 April 2020 - 12:38 AM

@samuelqwe I cannot reproduce the issue. I have multiple audio tracks and multiple external srt. I can start with directplay with subtitles. Change audio stream and keeps subtitles. Playback correction to directstream keeps subtitles. Change subtitles to english from french and keeps subtitles on. Then change audio stream to english and keeps audio stream. Then playback correction and go to full video transcoding and keeps subtitles on. Then change subtitles from english to french and keeps subtitles on. I can't seem to break it.  Do you know what I am missing? How is what I am doing different than what you are? I cannot seem to break it... lol.

.. and in regards to that selector problem you have I figured out how to workaround the floatingfocus bug.

Reference:

Fix #840: [VideoPlayer] Work-around floatingfocus bug on selectors

Just need to know what I am doing wrong on the subtitles now. How is what I am doing any different? 

Edited by speechles, 09 April 2020 - 01:00 AM.

#22 samuelqwe OFFLINE  

samuelqwe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • Local time: 06:23 AM
  • LocationEarth, Milky Way

Posted 09 April 2020 - 12:50 AM

@samuelqwe I cannot reproduce the issue. I have multiple audio tracks and multiple external srt. I can start with directplay with subtitles. Change audio stream and keeps subtitles. Playback correction to directstream keeps subtitles. Change subtitles to english from french and keeps subtitles on. Then change audio stream to english and keeps audio stream. Then playback correction and go to full video transcoding and keeps subtitles on. Then change subtitles from english to french and keeps subtitles on. I can't seem to break it. Do you know what I am missing? How is what I am doing different than what you are? I cannot seem to break it... lol.

All I am doing is starting playback, switching off the subtitles during playback, and when I try to enable external subtitles the Roku player will show the retrieving bar and once loaded there are no subtitles.

I am not messing with changing audio tracks during playback at all or even forcing a transcode. I just change the subtitle track to external subs and it breaks.

If I can remember to do so tomorrow, I can record a video to show exactly what I am doing.

#23 speechles OFFLINE  

speechles

Advanced Member

• App Developer
  • 6088 posts
  • Local time: 04:23 AM

Posted 09 April 2020 - 01:07 AM

Strange I cannot reproduce. I hammered on it too with all sorts of changes during playback just to break it. It refuses to break. 

I did find and correct the selector issue though. So not all was lost there. I use a technique to force the animateToItem to occur when first setup the selectors. That seems to fix the alignment (Roku firmware bug) issue every time for me now. That will make the next update.

But we really do need that subtitle issue fixed. I just cannot replicate it at the moment with everything I have tried. Thank you for all you have done so far. Your items seem to be different somehow and once we figure out what you are doing differently me or ebr can get this squashed.

If you spot any other issues please shout them out. Thanks again.

Edited by speechles, 09 April 2020 - 01:08 AM.

#24 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 52011 posts
  • Local time: 07:23 AM

Posted 09 April 2020 - 02:22 PM

All I am doing is starting playback, switching off the subtitles during playback, and when I try to enable external subtitles the Roku player will show the retrieving bar and once loaded there are no subtitles.

I am not messing with changing audio tracks during playback at all or even forcing a transcode. I just change the subtitle track to external subs and it breaks.

If I can remember to do so tomorrow, I can record a video to show exactly what I am doing.

Just out of curiosity, is it possible for you to test this with the release version of the app?  I think this may be a pre-existing condition.

Thanks.

#25 samuelqwe OFFLINE  

samuelqwe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 02:49 PM

Just out of curiosity, is it possible for you to test this with the release version of the app? I think this may be a pre-existing condition.

Thanks.

Just did, and while the stream will reload when selecting them, the subtitles do turn on properly.

I recorded a little video showing the issue here

In the video, I start with the SRT subtitles on. They work fine, so I turn them off. All good up till now. I then turn on the internal subtitles (which you can't really see that well) and those work fine. Finally, I try switching to both the English SRT and the French SRT and both times the stream reloads, but the subtitles are turned off.

However, upon closer inspection of the media info...

5e8f6dce5500b_ScreenShot20200409at13709P5e8f6ddb4814b_ScreenShot20200409at13719P

The video file contains attached images and I believe these could possibly be causing the issue, although subtitle switching works fine on the stable version with this same file.

EDIT: Remuxing the file without the image attachments does not fix the issue

Edited by samuelqwe, 09 April 2020 - 03:07 PM.

#26 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 52011 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 04:16 PM

Okay, so it is related to the changes.  Thanks.

The stream has to reload on Roku because we have to change it in order to add the external subtitle stream.  That is normal.  The only issue is it not showing the subs when you do that...

#27 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 52011 posts

Posted 10 April 2020 - 02:35 PM

Okay, please try 221 (220, 221 - whatever it takes...)

#28 samuelqwe OFFLINE  

samuelqwe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 10 April 2020 - 05:05 PM

Okay, please try 221 (220, 221 - whatever it takes...)

Unfortunately, it still doesn’t work. After the stream reloads, there are no subtitles.

The weird thing is I can get to the subtitles by pressing the * button on the remote and choosing the subs from the Roku Media Player display and the stream doesn’t need to reload or anything. So it works from Roku’s native menu, but not from the Emby OSD.

#29 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 52011 posts

Posted 10 April 2020 - 05:08 PM

After having switched - when you first bring up the Roku "*" menu, what mode is the "Caption mode" in?

if it is "off" can you simply turn it on and the subs you wanted display?

#30 samuelqwe OFFLINE  

samuelqwe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 10 April 2020 - 05:18 PM

After having switched - when you first bring up the Roku "*" menu, what mode is the "Caption mode" in?

if it is "off" can you simply turn it on and the subs you wanted display?

After switching the subs in the Emby OSD it is on "off", but simply turning it on does not show the right subtitles.

Side note:
The caption selector right below the caption mode shows every available text subtitle that you can switch with the proper names though. I assume that’s something that HLS streaming allows you to do, as if wasn’t like that prior to these betas.

#31 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 52011 posts

Posted 10 April 2020 - 06:14 PM

After switching the subs in the Emby OSD it is on "off", but simply turning it on does not show the right subtitles.

Side note:
The caption selector right below the caption mode shows every available text subtitle that you can switch with the proper names though. I assume that’s something that HLS streaming allows you to do, as if wasn’t like that prior to these betas.

Yes, that is.

Can you go through the process where it doesn't switch properly again and send another log from the app with the new version?

Thanks.

#32 samuelqwe OFFLINE  

samuelqwe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 10 April 2020 - 06:32 PM

Yes, that is.

Can you go through the process where it doesn't switch properly again and send another log from the app with the new version?

Thanks.

I just did at around 5:32 CDT

#33 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 52011 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 12:53 PM

I just did at around 5:32 CDT

Can you tell me exactly what you did?

#34 samuelqwe OFFLINE  

samuelqwe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 01:06 PM

Can you tell me exactly what you did?

If I remember correctly, all I did was navigate to the movie, played it without subtitles and then tried turning on external subtitles. After that, I backed out and sent the log.

#35 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 52011 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 07:50 AM

The weird thing is I can get to the subtitles by pressing the * button on the remote and choosing the subs from the Roku Media Player display and the stream doesn’t need to reload or anything. So it works from Roku’s native menu, but not from the Emby OSD.

I thought we were talking about switching to an external sub stream here...?  That list in the Roku menu would never contain an external stream.  Are you sure you aren't selecting a different one in that instance?  Can I see all the streams from the media info in the web app for this item?

#36 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 52011 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 12:12 PM

Try 222 when you get a chance.

Thanks.

#37 samuelqwe OFFLINE  

samuelqwe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 04:18 PM

Try 222 when you get a chance.

Thanks.

With version 222, the issue seems fully resolved and the stream also doesn't need to reload (even though I thought that was necessary as described earlier...). Great!

I thought we were talking about switching to an external sub stream here...?  That list in the Roku menu would never contain an external stream.  Are you sure you aren't selecting a different one in that instance?  Can I see all the streams from the media info in the web app for this item?

Yes, I was referring to an external sub stream (external SRT file). I did post the media info in a post in this topic already, but I will reinsert them here:

5e961951d05b7_ScreenShot20200409at13709P5e96195d81aa0_ScreenShot20200409at13719P

As you can see, on the bottom, there are two external SRT streams: one titled English (SRT) and another titled French (SRT). When I press the * button on the remote to open the Roku Media Player's options, I see all available text subtitles regardless of if they're external or internal. For example:

5e961a7120f7c_IMG_3909.png

#38 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 52011 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 04:21 PM

Yeah, if the conditions are just right as far as format and how we are delivering the stream already, it is possible for the external ones to be bundled up in the manifest so that's what's happening in your case.

Whew!  Glad we finally got it nailed.  Thanks for all the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users