New Raspberry Pi 4, Raspbian & Emby Theater not Working

GrotShot

GrotShot

Hi,

Just received a Pi 4 2Gb kit from PiHut this afternoon and have followed the official Raspbian full setup documentation on the Raspberrypi website.

Once all that was done and working, I have attempted to follow the instructions in the first post using the armhf.deb file downloaded via chromium to home/pi/Downloads.

I ran "sudo apt install -f /home/pi/Downloads/emby-theater_3.0.11_armhf.deb" and it appeared to do stuff in the command window and then ran "sudo rpi-update" and

"reboot".

Once re-booted, I can run Emby-Theater directly from the Run command or from Menu | Accessories | Emby Theater and I mostly get a completely blank white screen and occasionally get a black screen with the Emby logo. That's it - nothing else!!! Not much use really.

If I navigate to the Server Dashboard in Chromium then I can see my libraries and even select a movie to play which it does in the browser.

Clearly being a Windows software developer I have missed something with the linux'isms of the instructions. Any help would be appreciated.

The Linux and RPI builds have been updated with a fix that was causing a startup problem in some environments. If you were impacted then please install it again on top of your existing version. Thanks.

GrotShot

Installed latest deb file and I can now run emby-theater and sign in successfully. However, having set audio passthrough on AC3 and DTS and hardware decoding to Auto, I can play a movie but get no video (just a black screen) and no audio passthrough, just stereo sound.

The install had changed the video settings on the Pi to "GL - Original non-GL desktop driver" which Kodi will not run with. I've managed to get Kodi & Embycon working so have been using that. I reverted to "GL (Fake KMS)" as required by Kodi and the emby-theater just gives a spinning wheel and doesn't play the movie at all.

As an aside, the interface is extremely slow and stutters through menus. I am running the Pi 4 at 4k60p.
(switched to 1080p and the interface was a lot more responsive)

For the moment I'll need to stick with Kodi and Embycon.

Edited by GrotShot

Guys. Anybody home? Can I contact with admin for a specific question? I got a problem with your website

Hi, we're here and happy to help.