Chromecast always starts to play on max volume

msenjur

msenjur

hello!

im having some troubles with volume when streaming over cc. everytime i connect to CC, it starts to play volume on max - 100%. it is very disturbing.

can i some where set that default start volume is 20%?

thanks for reply...

• 3 weeks later...
msenjur

hello

it doesnt matter what am i playing. volume is always at its max. and im trying to lower it down with tab, and then over chromecast home app...

msenjur

hello

yes, im still having this problem. just a few minutes ago my boy started some cartoon, and it was loud...

how does your emby start? where is the volume setting? where you left it previously?

I think it's because we don't set the volume using the mobile device.  We just let the Chromecast receiver handle it, so each time you start, it's going back to a default value. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, you can't, at least not at the moment. It's something we could look at adding though.

• 3 months later...
On 25/05/2020 at 21:57, Luke said:

Hi, you can't, at least not at the moment. It's something we could look at adding though.

hello again... 

any news about this issue? my kid wakes me up every weekend morning when he starts to cast some cartoons? 

i have read many complaints on web. and no solution for few years...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Brett06841

I’m running into this issue too. After a while of not using the chromecast it goes to max volume. It startles me several times a week.

edit: sorry this seems to be a chromecast issue, not an emby issue. And I fixed it by leaving it at max volume and turning down the speakers volume.

Edited by Brett06841

8 hours ago, Brett06841 said:

edit: sorry this seems to be a chromecast issue, not an emby issue. And I fixed it by leaving it at max volume and turning down the speakers volume.

Glad to hear you figured it out ! Thanks for the update.