Auto-organize not working

Musera

Musera

Just need help getting Auto Organize to work as I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong.

This is what I've currently got:

click spoiler tags to see folder structure of the source and destination directories

Source Directory

G:\source\

---Arrow.s01e08.mkv

---Macross Frontier.s01e01.mkv

Destination directory

X:\Destination\  (this is a mapped network drive)

X:\Destination\Arrow\

X:\Destination\Arrow\season 0\

X:\Destination\Arrow\season 1\

X:\Destination\Macross Frontier\

X:\Destination\Macross Frontier\season 1\

Both series have been added to the media library and scrapped correctly, as well as having matching series name to the destination directory (which is also shown correctly).

Click the following spoiler tag for all auto-organize settings:

Enable new episode organization

---checked

Watch folder

---G:\source\

Minimum file size (MB)

---30  (All files are several hundred MB so easily over this)

Season folder pattern

---season %s

result shown: season 1

Season zero folder name

---season 0

Episode pattern

---%sn.s0%se%0e.%ext

result shown: Series Name.s01e04.mkv

Multi-Episode pattern

---%sn.s%0se%0e-%0ed.%ext

result shown: Series Name.s01e04-05.mkv

Transfer method:

---Move

Overwrite existing episodes

---unchecked (no episodes in destination directory so this option cannot be interfering)

Delete left over files with the following extensions

---

Delete empty folder after organizing

---Unchecked

So now that all the setting are out of the way, my activity log shows 2 (of 2) failed file transfers both due to "target path could not be determined". Clicking the "Organize file" button shows that it successfully gets the season and episode number but doesn't get the series name. Setting this manually and clicking save however does absolutely nothing.

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Musera

Both series I'm testing with have tvdb id's set and have correctly scraped information from there

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
abstract

Discovered that auto-organize was for collections last night and very pleased - yet more excellent work by the Media Browser team!! Finally, I (hope I) can drop Media Scout and YAMMM completely and have a seemless, automatically organised and named collection. :-)

Have auto-organise (couldn't find it in the search due to the "auto-organiZe" everyone is using, ahhh common-language and all that) functioning in most cases, but have found one or two tricky scenarios  - could anyone answer/help or suggest possible remedies for...

American Dad! - TVDB ID listed - title is "American Dad!" (with the exclamation mark), However new files are typically "American.Dad.SxxExx...".(not including an exclamation mark). None of these sort - always giving the error "Unable to sort....[XYZ]...because target path could not be determined.". Is this due to the exclamation mark?

Have already tried:

• Renaming all files and folders to "American Dad" (without the exclamation mark), and also changing the meta to reflect this.
  • Renaming all files and folders to "American Dad!" (with exclamation mark), and the meta to reflect this.
  • (Updating the library each time)
  • Changing the "Sort Name" within metadata manager, but this doesn't seem to be relevant to the Auto-Organise feature.

Just a note: files are of .mp4 format in case this is relevant.

I also notice in the log that it recognises the series name as "american.dad!." and the season and episode correctly. All relevant season folders are present.

Also had similar issues with "The Newsroom (2012)", which was listed as such, folder named as such with the TVDB ID also listed. No success in sorting - However, changing the folder name to "The Newsroom" (dropping the identifier "(2012)", which was necessary for the meta to detect correctly first time (using Media Scout originally)) then it successfully resolved the location and auto-organised successfully - however, shouldn't the folder name really be irrelevant - I presume it looks up the series first and then finds the location from the series record?

Any suggestions, solutions or ideas about American Dad above - does Auto-Organise struggle when non-standard characters are within a title or folder name?

Thanks again for ANOTHER awesome feature!

EDIT: just add note that the files are .mp4 fomat. EDIT 2: added log file

server-63555755621.txt

Edited by abstract

abstract

Can anyone suggest where I'm going wrong? Or is this an issue with special characters?

Looking again at the log file (above), the following is interesting - it actually recognises the series, season, episode correctly and identifies the correct destination, but still throws the same error...

2015-01-02 20:39:27.9015 Info - App: Sorting file E:\Other\Downloads\American.Dad.S11E06.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.mp4
2015-01-02 20:39:27.9015 Debug - App: Extracted information from E:\Other\Downloads\American.Dad.S11E06.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.mp4. Series name american.dad., Season 11, Episode 6
2015-01-02 20:39:27.9225 Info - App: Sorting file E:\Other\Downloads\American.Dad.S11E06.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.mp4 into series D:\TV Series\American Dad!
2015-01-02 20:39:27.9225 Warn - App: Unable to sort E:\Other\Downloads\American.Dad.S11E06.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.mp4 because target path could not be determined.

Similar issue here I keep getting on many of the shows the error like this, 

Unable to determine series name from D:\Downloads\Done Downloads\The.100.S02E07.mp4

It has TVDB entries and have been added flawlessly for months and now recently I have had many shows not move automatically and have thrown this error.

Edited by MEB

Similar issue here I keep getting on many of the shows the error like this, 

Unable to determine series name from D:\Downloads\Done Downloads\The.100.S02E07.mp4

It has TVDB entries and have been added flawlessly for months and now recently I have had many shows not move automatically and have thrown this error.

i don't believe our regex expressions would have ever extracted the series name out of that one. i think that one you just need to do using the manual correction

i don't believe our regex expressions would have ever extracted the series name out of that one. i think that one you just need to do using the manual correction

It has in the past, same naming convention as that and just recient last few episodes it has failed to detect it. It worked great for season one and some of season 2, it gives up too easily lol

abstract

the message could be better but there is no such entry for s11e06

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=73141&seasonid=577232&lid=7

Luke, thank you for this. Definitely the issue - this is a series that has been mis-listed many times over the years, with the UK broadcast running Season 1 & 2 as Season 1. I think I'll have to have a few hours reorganising the entire set.

Thank you, great work on this incredibly useful feature. Ripping some new box sets from Christmas onto our media box at the moment and it is working like a dream.

One request - would it be possible to add an option within Libraries to allow media browser server to rename the files (not only when doing the auto-organise) - it'd be great to have the server process all the media and rename as per chosen naming conventions/standards? (Though, I guess I could simply dump all files into my auto-organise folder)

Alright now its not making sense, im getting it for every show now. 

Unable to determine series name from D:\Downloads\Done Downloads\The.Simpsons.S26E10.HDTV.x264-ASAP.mp4

Unable to determine series name from D:\Downloads\Done Downloads\Family.Guy.S13E07.HDTV.x264-ASAP.mp4

Getumzz

Same problem here.

All my shows is "Unable to determine"

Im running server Version 3.0.5482.1 and it worked perfect before the last or second to last update.

• 10 months later...
shaithis

If anyone is still having the issue, I've just been through the pain of it myself after a re-install and solved it by going into the metadata manager, selecting the root of the TV branch and refreshing all the metadata.