Low Volume and stuttery playback over Cellular /w E.T. Store App, Normal through Browsers

ShobuPrime

ShobuPrime

Good morning,

I'm writing this because I wanted to highlight an issue I've been having with the Surface Pro X, which is a Windows on ARM always-connected device.

The issues I'm having with the app are:

1. It seems downmixing is not working properly for 5.1 and 7.1 audio.
    • Audio sounds very, very low despite ensuring all settings such as the volume bar and system volume are maxed out
    • Content with stereo audio sounds normal as far as I can tell
  2. Playback of any video over Cellular plays for about 0.5seconds, then freezes. It will continue pausing and playing like a delayed stutter with a few seconds in between.
  • If I switch to Wi-Fi, the content will play at normal speeds, but the audio depending on the content will still be low.
    • I've already verified cellular speeds were more then enough for playback
      • I've tried it with the eSIM and nanoSIM

Playback through Edge Chromium and Firefox <both of them ARM64 builds> are normal.

I would like to use Emby Theater for the better integrated syncing/downloading options and other benefits it provides. Since there already is an official ARM64 build, I'm wondering if some attention can be given to this issue.

Thanks for your time.

ShobuPrime

Good morning Luke,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I didn't have the device with me, but now I do, and will get the reports to you after some more testing later on in the day.

I just updated my instance on my Synology to 4.4.0.40

ShobuPrime

Good afternoon Luke,

Yes. I am still running into this issue. The stutter was less, but still existent after the update over cellular playback. The audio is still very low through the app.

Once again, it's normal through the ARM64 browsers Edge <Chromium> and Firefox.

Is there a way for me to PM you the logs for Emby Theater if you need them? I tried looking in AppData and couldn't find any.

Thanks.

Edit: To clarify, 5.1 and 7.1 audio sounds low. If I have content in stereo, it's normal.

Edited by ShobuPrime

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...