28 replies to this topic

#21 Hyp3rD OFFLINE  

Hyp3rD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Local time: 08:08 AM

Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:58 AM

What's weird is that it only happens on the Sony ...

If I ever decide to buy an external player, which would be the best to always be live and have the least technical / reading concerns? (4K HDR, etc.)

I'm not here, but if it's the only solution at middle term, maybe...

Thank you!

#22 softworkz OFFLINE  

softworkz

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 2714 posts
  • Local time: 02:08 PM

Posted 09 April 2020 - 06:27 PM

I really couldn't say for sure.  It could just be a matter of maxing out a bitrate or color value as that looks like some sort of digital "clipping" (where numbers overflow to the point they are all the same and, thus, create a solid block).

Perhaps @softworkz would have some ideas.

@ebr With the file in your hand, it’s me that not encode it correctly? All my file have this configuration, If I’m in error, I would like to know it to correct how I encode it or to know if this universe is not for me ...  :(  I’m very anxious for all the time that I have take to learn it and for the encoding was for nothing...

Thank you...

A anxious guy

Why are you trying to re-encode at all? There are tools pretending that it would be easy, but it is nothing like creating a zip file.

#23 Hyp3rD OFFLINE  

Hyp3rD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 06:54 PM

@softworkz Well, the question was to understand why some glitch’s are present on the Sony, but not on all others players that I had tried... Why re-encode, storage! But I have read a lot on the subject, and normally, the settings is supposed to be good... I have add you to the pm of the file that I had send ebr if you want to check it, you can make your own opinion... 

thank you!

#24 softworkz OFFLINE  

softworkz

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 2714 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 07:35 PM

Why re-encode, storage! 

That's a very bad reason. Storage is cheap enough. I can only recommend to avoid doing this.

TV's are mass products using embedded systems for decoding having resources that are chosen to exactly fit the required purpose given the proposed and supported specs.

That's why it's clear that these can be less tolerant towards video encoding problems.

I'm sometimes thinking whether we should offer video encoding classes - but in the end, buying a new HD would be much cheaper... ;-)

#25 Hyp3rD OFFLINE  

Hyp3rD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 07:42 PM

I can send you my command line if you want, I’m always open to learn!

#26 softworkz OFFLINE  

softworkz

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 2714 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 07:46 PM

I'm afraid, that's a bit outside the scope of Emby support on one side, and on the other side - again - not as easy as you think.

#27 Hyp3rD OFFLINE  

Hyp3rD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 07:58 PM

TV's are mass products using embedded systems for decoding having resources that are chosen to exactly fit the required purpose given the proposed and supported specs.

That's why it's clear that these can be less tolerant towards video encoding problems.

If I ever decide to buy an external player, which would be the best to always be live and have the least technical / reading concerns? (4K HDR, etc.) @softworkz 

#28 softworkz OFFLINE  

softworkz

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 2714 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 08:53 PM

Clearly something based on Windows. This will give you the most flexibility, resources and options.

#29 Hyp3rD OFFLINE  

Hyp3rD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 08:56 PM

Easy to use with a TV? A box, a pc with how much ressources? With remote, etc?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users