Transcoding Hardware not showing up.

snake98

snake98
I'm passing through an intel 630 hd gpu to Windows 10 1909.  The device shows up in windows device manager.  It has been working fine for the past year, but recently stopped.  I'm guessing when it updated to emby 4.4.   All drives are up to date.  Hardware detection log attached, and shows the intel 630.  Any Idea's

hardware_detection.txt

post-953-0-71661200-1585583657_thumb.png

Edited by snake98

snake98

Just a bump to see if anybody has any ideas why.  It shows up in the detection log, but not in emby.

So it was in the wiki all along :) @@cayars please add it as a line item to the troubleshooting section at the bottom of the hwa page. Thanks.

snake98

Sorry this doesn't fix the problem.   The system auto logs in, and I connect via vmware workstation.  so remote desktop is not being used in this case.  I went ahead and made the changes, rebooted, but the devices didn't show up.  The devices have been showing up last month when I logged in.

Edited by snake98

It could be the same situation. Perhaps it's using the same protocols as RDP, in which case, same rules apply. Anyway, new log files?

Ahh, so your Emby Server is running in a Virtual Machine?  If so this is most likely your problem.

I've not played with vmware workstation in a while and not sure you can do this (server yes) but see if it supports GPU pass through. If not maybe see if it supports 3D acceleration which might allow DX11 functionality.  I'm not sure but that will give you something to check.

Sorry this doesn't fix the problem.   The system auto logs in, and I connect via vmware workstation.  so remote desktop is not being used in this case.  I went ahead and made the changes, rebooted, but the devices didn't show up.  The devices have been showing up last month when I logged in.

As I said before. You can install any older Emby version - it won't make a change. The problem is about your environment. I'm afraid I can't say much about hw acceleration within a VMWare guest.

I can only recommend to install Emby outside of any virtualization.

Just to clarify on softworkz's comments - that doesn't mean it can't work in a VM, it's just that it will likely require setup on your part in terms of configuring the OS, VM, drivers, etc, and we may not have all of the answers of what those are right now.