Shaefurr's Genre & Year Icons

shaefurr

shaefurr

Are you guys up for another go round? We need music genres, game genres, game studios, and more movie studios. maybe @@bloodtaker would like to get involved.

I've already been working on the game genres using Tikufs PSD, im about half done with them.

lwwu.jpg

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 2

bloodtaker

The image below is my setup.

I could make it the same for the one you posted @@Tikuf

With this setup I change the middle picture and font and then the 2 outside ones auto-populate.

From there I save those 2 Images as either thumb or folder respectively.

I have grid lines on the middle picture so i know how far to take the text both left and right and top and bottom.

Keep in mind i do have to downsize my version as they are setup at 5760x2000 but that is trivial compared to lining everything up by hand instead of my little factory lol.

39eq.png

bloodtaker

I myself am using Photoshop CS4,

But it should still be basically the same.

It is called a style.

If you double click on the part that you want the glow it should pull something up called layer style.

This is where you can do all kinds of things from shadows to textures to gradients to glow style shadows the sky's the limit well should say your imagination is the limit,

Ya sorry Bloodtaker that I think was my mistake I thought hardwire was after the standard genre image template.

bloodtaker

no the ones you currently have would stay the same would just be for future to make it easier and save time ;)

It would totally send everyone's ocd into a tailspin. I think the standard ones for mb should be quite vanilla which they are. The tinkerers among us will swap them out for a prefered set. Anyhow we are thread hijacking 

Sorry Shaefurr.

Hi,

Wondering if I could request the following that I have blanks for:

Action and Adventure

Documentary

Science Fiction

Thanks!!

shaefurr

Had an old set of icons sitting around from the last forum, they were just a transparent background with blue text, so I added the genre backdrops and a quick text effect. 

v97r.jpg

goyy.jpg

z2kv.jpg

dfkp.jpg

vqos.jpg

puh0.jpg

7hea.jpg

w2pp.jpg

• Like 1

shaefurr

Hi,

Wondering if I could request the following that I have blanks for:

Action and Adventure

Documentary

Science Fiction

Thanks!!

2 of those should be included in the set, it seems I have an older link posted, ill update it

EDIT: nevermind, my links all over are for the genre's are weird, ill fix them tomorrow, anyway I dont have "Documentary" I have "Documentaries", and instead of "Science Fiction" I have "Sci-fi", if you'd like the others lemme know and ill make them along with the Action & Adventure.

Edited by shaefurr

Great, thanks

All wait for he new links to go up.

If you have time and don't mind it would be great to get Documentary and Science Fiction as they are tied to trailers that keep coming out.

Thanks Again

Edited by Erik

shaefurr

Great, thanks

All wait for he new links to go up.

If you have time and don't mind it would be great to get Documentary and Science Fiction as they are tied to trailers that keep coming out.

Thanks Again

ill get those 3 done tomorrow then

• Like 1

shaefurr

Sorry for taking forever to get back to some of you guys on these, added Adult, Anime, Mini-series, Action & Adventure, Science Fiction. Documentary was already correct, just had the folder named documataries. And the backdrop was missing so I added one.

Portrait / Landscape icons, and backdrops are all in the zip: Extra icons.zip

I'll update the original links with the new icons and backdrops this week, my upload sucks so it takes me a while.

Steven

Hi. Would it be possible to have a version of the Genre folder/thumbs without the white lines? It's a bit picky I know but I find it just a bit too busy and distracting when they're all grouped.

Cheers!

genre.PNG

shaefurr

Hi. Would it be possible to have a version of the Genre folder/thumbs without the white lines? It's a bit picky I know but I find it just a bit too busy and distracting when they're all grouped.

Cheers!

EDIT: Misread the post, I didnt make the genre icons, only the game genre, so I couldnt remove the lines.. sorry. You'd have to ask Tikuf

Edited by shaefurr

BATTLE DONKEY

Yeah I should have time early next week to go through and resave them without the lines.

Any chance of getting the genre icons blown up so I can use them as the backdrops in genre view instead? I asked about it in another thread but I'm not sure anything came about it.

Just want to try matching them as a backdrop with different icons so everything doesn't looks so "boxy" on MBClassic

You have the link in the opening post for backdrops but I'm not sure if they are the same as the current icons built into MBServer now

Edited by BATTLE DONKEY

shaefurr

I didnt make the new style of genre icons, so I dont have those backdrops, I only made the game genre icons in this style, so there's not much I can do to change the genre icons short of remaking them all, you'd have to ask Tikuf.

Only backdrops I have for the genres is the link on the first page, and no they're not the ones from the style with the 2 white lines.

Sorry for the mispost about the genre icons, been a long week. Don't want to start confusing people into thinking I made them

Edited by shaefurr

• 1 year later...
Wilky13

all done, added to the original post

I downloaded the Disparity icons, but there were no years in there.

Are "year icons" still available?