Trying to figure out Content Types

siqueira

siqueira

Hi,

I'm new to Emby and am trying to figure out the best way to setup my libraries.

I'm confused with the exact purpose of each content type. The page in the support area doesn't give details of each content type and the file types considered by each one. Particular, I didn't understand mixed content. But other content types that seemed more obvious didn't work as I expected.

My current issue is this. I have a Synology NAS and under video folder I have other subfolders like this:

/video

/Movies

/Series

/Courses

/Movies for Children

I setup Movies and Movies for Children with content type Movies. That's easy. Under courses, I have one folder for each course and most of these folders have video files for each class as well as mp3 file for each class. I want to setup a library called Course Videos that will include only the video files from each course folder and another library called Course Audio but with only the mp3 files for the classes. Course Video was setup as Movies and it worked, but when I setup Course Audio with music type, it didn't include any audio file and it did include the video files. Content type "Mixed content" didn't work either.

My course folder is organized this way:

/Courses

/Course name A

1.class.mp4 (or other video ext.)

2.class.mp4

3.class.mp4

1.class.mp3

2.class.mp3

3.class.mp3

/Course name B

/Author

/Couse name C

1.class.mp4 (or other video ext.)

2.class.mp4

3.class.mp4

1.class.mp3

2.class.mp3

3.class.mp3

/Course Name D

Will my course libraries (video and audio) work as expected with the above folder structure? Which content type should I choose for video and audio course libraries?

For some courses, there are pdf files for some or all the classes in the same folder too. Should I use content type Book?

Btw, how does content type Book work? What kind of file does it look for?

Should I setup TV Shows for Series folder?

If someone could give some instructions I'd appreciate.

Thank you,

Paulo

Hi, for your courses I would probably suggest the home videos content type, or mixed content.

If you want to do it as tv then you'll need to follow tv library naming guidelines.

FrostByte

My wife and I are taking a course right now which has a lot of lessons on a private youtube channel and we are using the home videos library for storing them.  We have each module in a separate folder which makes it easy to organize and is similar to the structure you have.