Empty TV shows keep showing up every time

heula

heula

For a very long time now there is this issue with Emby for Kodi that empty tv shows keep appearing every time.

Like I told the topic starter in this topic I have a workaround for this by using Kodi labels instead of Emby nodes. Kodi labels do not have this issue.

The thing is that because of many other server or Emby for Kodi issues I have done a lot of database resets and every time I do that the Kodi labels do change and I have the change all my Kodi menu items.

When I use Emby nodes there is no need for changing those menu items after a database reset.

So this is what happens.

When I open a Kodi menu item with Emby node I see a lot (but not all of them) empty TV shows. When I select one of those empty TV shows all those empty TV shows are gone like it should be.

When I return to from the main menu to menu item I was most of these empty TV shows are back again until I select one again. I can do this over and over and they keep coming back.

When I delete the last episode of a TV show I see the TV show disappear almost instantly. When I go to the main menu and go back to menu item I just was that same TV show I deleted the last episode from is there again. This is very annoying and I hope there will be a fix for soon so I can just keep my Emby nodes in Kodi at all time.

The empty TV shows all have a tripple 0 beneath them that shows it is empty.

Kodi Main menu

post-310-0-29448100-1585487310_thumb.jpg

Empty TV show(s)

post-310-0-97707400-1585487493_thumb.jpg

post-310-0-85950500-1585487502_thumb.jpg

Epmty TV show Episode screen

post-310-0-25141700-1585487589_thumb.jpg

embyserver.txt

kodi.log

Edited by heula

• 3 weeks later...
heula

I have checked the update library at startup box in the Kodi system Media settings and now the empty shows stay hidden.

I was once told not to do this because that would interfere with with the Emby for Kodi updates. So far I don't see anything going wrong with that so I guess it is safe to do that now?

muzicman0

I have this same issue, although the Tags work around works well for me since I only sync 3 libraries, and they always seem to come up in the same order.  It would be nice to have this fixed though.

• 2 weeks later...

I have checked the update library at startup box in the Kodi system Media settings and now the empty shows stay hidden.

I was once told not to do this because that would interfere with with the Emby for Kodi updates. So far I don't see anything going wrong with that so I guess it is safe to do that now?

I would think you would need to keep that enabled or you won't get library changes that occurred while Emby for Kodi wasn't running.

heula

For some reason it is all going well now. Updates working and the empty shows do no longer appear.

Perhaps it does have something to do with all the library database resets I have done lately because of some other issues Inhad with Emby Server.