VOB (structure) File Playback

bnwbass
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

bnwbass

Hello all,

Long time Emby User (old media browser days), Just spun up new windows 10 environment and moved my entire DB over and having issues with playback. Specifically, only playing smaller vts_XX files and note the entire structure. 

Not playing entire content of the VIDEO_TS directory at the root of a DVD. 

Same folders never had this before, any reason why this would be problem now?

My other option is to covert 350 movies to HVEC h.265

thx

Bw

Hi, what Emby app are you trying to play from? But yes for the best experience I would suggest converting those to mkv.

• Solution

Ok playback of this is only considered experimental so that's why you'll have a much better experience converting to mkv.

• Like 1

bnwbass

Converting 400 moviyte titles to HVEC h.265 will take ~ 16 days.  Before I do this what elese can I tray to resolve playing DVD structure files.  This use to work great before.

I am running good CPU fresh install of Win 10 pro with ample resources. download speed of 80Mbs and upload of 10Mbs. 

Also if I convert is  MKV the best container choice for the future state of playback long term.  I am using uni-convert and change to any format I want..

Thx

Bw

The container choice is ultimately up to you.  mp4 is a little more compatible than mkv (really, only if you have Apple targets) but also more limited on what it can hold.

But, ultimiately, converting to files is really what you need to do.  DVD structures are not going to get better support in the future from anyone I wouldn't think.

mp4 is great just be aware it doesn't support dvd or pgs subtitles so you will have to drop those and then download external subtitles. our subtitle download features can help with that.