Download media on devices (iphone etc)

thegrunge

thegrunge

Hello I can't download media from the server to a device like iphone or other devices. The file remains only ready to sent, Even the task provided for this purpose launched by force does not start the transfer.

What i forget to do?

Thank you...

post-177488-0-62333300-1585433102_thumb.png

post-177488-0-15924900-1585433120_thumb.png

Edited by thegrunge

Is the app open on the iPhone? It can take a little time for iOS to start the background download. 

thegrunge

@Like yes, I noticed this problem when I saw several times the same files waiting for for transfer for one of my clients who tries the maneuver. So I did the test with a local file and it does not seem to start, on the other hand I already made for music without problem. i will let go longer to see and you come back with the result.

Thank you!

Yea the app needs to be running on the iPhone. It doesn't have to be in the foreground, it just has to at least be running.

thegrunge

@Luke Thanks for the information, I will pass the massage. Indeed by leaving the app open the transfer is done and is indicated as complete in the server when the person returns to the app!

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
thegrunge

@Luke I had time to test, here are the findings. Emby can synchronize media on phone, tablet etc. as long as the content is Local. What's in my google dive doesn't sync. However, I do not have this problem with my plex server. The content in my google drive can only be downloaded from a pc

Thanks

Edited by thegrunge

thegrunge

@Luke The file simply remains on hold, leaving the application open on the recipient device. I checked and I have the necessary space of the iphone.

Thanks

post-177488-0-58596400-1586384574_thumb.png

Edited by thegrunge

thegrunge

@Luke in cases where I want to convert a film to a more compatible or less bulky format, the conversion is done, but then the download is not done either. I also did the test with a music album and always with the content from my google drive account.

Thanks

post-177488-0-75387300-1586449497_thumb.png

post-177488-0-56412900-1586449504_thumb.png

thegrunge

This is the same thing with android product it’s the server the problème not the device.

neik

This is the same thing with android product it’s the server the problème not the device.

FYI

On my setup downloads on Android Mobile are working just fine.

Latest beta on both server and Android app.

neik

Coincidentally the file I tested is on Gdrive.

But in my case that doesn't make a difference.

I'm just talking about Android though, no iOS device here to test.

thegrunge

@ Neik ok i will try to be sur with my amazon tab but on iOS I can get file but just with my plex servers not emby

IkeTaylor11

I am getting the same behavior as the original poster. The conversion happens for the movies and then they just sit in waiting to transfer status. I use Google Drive as my backend for my libraries. But, I don't know why this would matter since it should convert locally to the server before syncing it to the device. I am using an iPad on iOS 13. The iPad had Emby open on it overnight and nothing synced to it. 

I have attached a server log. 

embyserver.txt