Photo

Next Up for season not showing true next episode

Next Up

Best Answer Happy2Play , 27 March 2020 - 07:54 PM

What server, app/client version numbers.

This was resolved in the testing area before 4.4 release.  Will have to search for previous topic.

https://emby.media/c...incorrect-order

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ZeAndroid OFFLINE  

ZeAndroid

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 02:34 PM

Posted 27 March 2020 - 03:06 PM

I've come across Emby when in my search for a good home entertainment server to offload the large amount of DVDs my mom and I own (Emby has been so much better to work with than my initial tests with Plex). I've gotten my shows and movies put into the server and one thing has been apparent from when I started using it exclusively about a month or two ago. The "Next Up" field, whether it be on the main home screen or within a series itself never displays the correct episode that is next. All files for the season are within the same folder and are named SxEx for a naming scheme, like S01E01, S01E02, etc... For example, one show I have that I'm not currently watching but just testing with is Dexter. I have episode 1 watched so the next should be episode 2 of season 1, however in "Next Up" it shows as season 4 episode 5, followed by season 7 episode 6.

All I had to start with were the files and allowed your amazing software to go to the individual metadata sources to fetch everything, and everything appears to be clearly defined as what season and what episode they are within metadeta, along with the original air dates.

As for customizing Emby, the only options that I have modified are adding the library files (both TV Shows and Movies), adding the users (myself, my mom, and an admin account), and modifying what is displayed on the Home Screen, being My Media, Continue Watching, Next Up, and Latest Media.

Attached will be image 1 - the general season page for Dexter showing the next up field after S01E01 is counted as watched.

Image 2 is the initial metadata page for S04E05

Image 3 is the initial metadata page for S07E06

Image 4 is the initial metadata page for S01E01

Image 5 is a screenshot of the files to see the direct naming scheme I have in place.

Thank you guys for making this server entertainment software. I'd love to help anyway I can.

Edit 1: I would also like to clarify that the issue is persistent through the web app, the android app, and the Roku TV app. Images displayed are shown from the web app.

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.PNG   1.18MB   1 downloads
  • Attached File  2.PNG   19.46KB   1 downloads
  • Attached File  3.PNG   19.4KB   1 downloads
  • Attached File  4.PNG   17.9KB   1 downloads
  • Attached File  5.PNG   5.24KB   1 downloads

Edited by ZeAndroid, 27 March 2020 - 03:09 PM.

#2 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 19145 posts
  • Local time: 11:34 AM
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 27 March 2020 - 07:54 PM   Best Answer

What server, app/client version numbers.

This was resolved in the testing area before 4.4 release.  Will have to search for previous topic.

https://emby.media/c...incorrect-order

Edited by Happy2Play, 27 March 2020 - 07:56 PM.

• ZeAndroid likes this

#3 ZeAndroid OFFLINE  

ZeAndroid

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 08:23 PM

4.4.0.22 beta. I thought I installed the latest version earlier but I guess I didn't. I'm going to update now.

#4 ZeAndroid OFFLINE  

ZeAndroid

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 08:49 PM

Well I updated to 4.5.0.1 and everything seems to be working just fine. Apologize for the user error post, I must have made some mistake when updating earlier in the day. Thanks for getting me to look at version again.

• Happy2Play likes this

#5 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156881 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 08:51 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Next Up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users