Cannot login with Android APP !

yhxkry

yhxkry

Cannot login with Android APP , it showing "user name or password is unavailable"

5e7e305db801a_4.jpg

I can sure my user name and password are correct and have changed them many times, but not working.

Also have tried updating my Emby for Android to latest version in Google Appstore, still not working

I notice that there are lots of people having the same problem, which can see in the comment in Google Appstore:

5e7e30efd14b6_1.jpg5e7e30fbdffcc_2.jpg5e7e3105bd2ce_3.jpg

Please see if any bugs?? waiting for ur respond !

Edited by yhxkry

Hi there, are you connecting to your own Emby Server, or someone else's Emby Server?

What screen are you trying to login on? The emby connect sign in screen, or your local server sign in screen? What does it say at the top of the login screen?

yhxkry

What screen are you trying to login on? The emby connect sign in screen, or your local server sign in screen? What does it say at the top of the login screen?

My local server sign in screen. Here i have set "i don't need password to login in internal network ,but it still says "username or password is unavailable"

5e7e34bd6874d_5.jpg

I think I know the issue actually - it's because your android device has a device name containing special characters.

The 4.4 server release will resolve this and it should be available for Synology any day now.

You can work around it in the meantime by renaming the device to something with plain characters in android device settings.

yhxkry

I think I know the issue actually - it's because your android device has a device name containing special characters.

The 4.4 server release will resolve this and it should be available for Synology any day now.

You can work around it in the meantime by renaming the device to something with plain characters in android device settings.

I tried renaming my device , it seems still not working. 

I'm trying to login with another android phone now

yhxkry

What did you rename the device to? Did you restart the app after that?

Rename to ' Mi10Pro'

And Yes, restarted. even clear all the caches

yhxkry

I try with another phone, still not working...

yhxkry

not only me ,but i see a lot people say they have the same problem when logining with latest version Android app.

Edited by yhxkry

Calando

[edit]: solved. PEBCAK as usual. 1 vs l... need new glasses or a larger font in the password manager (or do not use auto-generated passwords)  :rolleyes:

Same problem for me. However, it works if I set the password to 1234, but as soon as the password is a more complex one with 10 characters, no login is possible with the Android app. I am currently using emby 4.3.1.0 running in a FreeNAS jail (my own server).

Any ideas? updating to emby 4.4 is currently no option (until this version is available in the FreeBSD pkg repo)...

Thank you
Marco

Edited by Calando

[edit]: solved. PEBCAK as usual. 1 vs l... need new glasses or a larger font in the password manager (or do not use auto-generated passwords)  :rolleyes:

Same problem for me. However, it works if I set the password to 1234, but as soon as the password is a more complex one with 10 characters, no login is possible with the Android app. I am currently using emby 4.3.1.0 running in a FreeNAS jail (my own server).

Any ideas? updating to emby 4.4 is currently no option (until this version is available in the FreeBSD pkg repo)...

Thank you

Marco

Hi, so you're all set now?

yhxkry

Amazing.... I change my password to 1234 following Calando (#17)' advice, and it works!

Actually I have chosen "no need password in local network" (no sure for the translation in English), so now I don't even need to enter 1234  and just login automatically.

I can sure my old password was avalible before.

So I think there're really some bugs to fix in the recent version, maybe mobile app, maybe the server.....

Dear Luke any ideas?

Edited by yhxkry

Calando

Hi Luke, yes, everything is fine. It was really dumb - I use a password manager and typed the auto-generated password into the mobile app. Depending on the used font, the letter l and the number 1 look pretty much the same...

• 2 weeks later...