Photo

Question about Folder Icons

Best Answer ebr , 12 April 2020 - 11:41 AM

My folder icons are inside the folder they represent and are labeled so they appear as the first file.

jEGv5Rr.jpg

Even so, the Emby app is randomly replacing my Folder Icon to the Emby-captured cover art associated with the first video file in the respective folder. 

Hi.  That doesn't appear to follow any of our image naming conventions.  So there is no way for the system to know you want that as the folder image.  What happens if you rename it as "poster.jpg" or "folder.jpg"?

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 19168 posts
  • Local time: 05:19 AM
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 11 April 2020 - 08:11 PM

Sorry I don't understand as the folder/poster image of said folder will always appear in folder view.

5e925ca7ab83f_folder.jpg

#22 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 19168 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 09:06 PM

I even made a folder read only without a folder image and assigned one via the UI and is was applied and saved to \library and did every library scan possible and the applied image never changed.

Edited by Happy2Play, 11 April 2020 - 09:07 PM.

#23 BLAlley OFFLINE  

BLAlley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 09:20 PM

I'm sure glad people can seek help only to be told they are imagining their issues. 

#24 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 19168 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 09:25 PM

Sorry you will need to provide every aspect of your setup in order for someones else to attempt to reproduce your issue.  I have provided two steps where I can not reproduce what you are seeing.  It could ever be just a different datadate issue then my new test systems.  No one knows as this only appear to affect your specific setup.

I can only test and guess.  Can you apply a image, do a scan showing the change in the same log?

Edited by Happy2Play, 11 April 2020 - 09:26 PM.

#25 BLAlley OFFLINE  

BLAlley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 11:35 AM

I have no idea what other information you could possibly need unless you specify, so I will try this one more time.

Without adding new movies and only using the browser refresh, this happened again, to three random folders this time.

J9S55Y7.jpg

My folder icons are inside the folder they represent and are labeled so they appear as the first file.

jEGv5Rr.jpg

Even so, the Emby app is randomly replacing my Folder Icon to the Emby-captured cover art associated with the first video file in the respective folder. 

#26 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 52011 posts
  • Local time: 08:19 AM

Posted 12 April 2020 - 11:41 AM   Best Answer

jEGv5Rr.jpg

Hi.  That doesn't appear to follow any of our image naming conventions.  So there is no way for the system to know you want that as the folder image.  What happens if you rename it as "poster.jpg" or "folder.jpg"?

• Happy2Play likes this

#27 BLAlley OFFLINE  

BLAlley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 12:15 PM

Should I try "Poster" or "Folder", and does it need to be the first file in the folder?

Edited by BLAlley, 12 April 2020 - 12:54 PM.

#28 pwhodges OFFLINE  

pwhodges

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Local time: 01:19 PM
  • LocationOxford, UK

Posted 12 April 2020 - 01:04 PM

The order of files in a folder is a display choice, and is not significant here.

Paul

#29 BLAlley OFFLINE  

BLAlley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 01:42 PM

I even made a folder read only without a folder image and assigned one via the UI and is was applied and saved to \library and did every library scan possible and the applied image never changed.

By the way, I showed this entire thread to my ex wife without preface and she drew the same conclusion that your 'test' is irrelevant to my issue and your statement not helpful, and she'd be the first one to tell me I'm full of shit. 

Thanks to the admin for addressing MY issue and offering a potential solution. 

#30 pwhodges OFFLINE  

pwhodges

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Local time: 01:19 PM
  • LocationOxford, UK

Posted 12 April 2020 - 02:01 PM

By the way, I showed this entire thread to my ex wife without preface and she drew the same conclusion that your 'test' is irrelevant to my issue and your statement not helpful, and she'd be the first one to tell me I'm full of shit. 

Thanks to the admin for addressing MY issue and offering a potential solution. 

You got the answer as soon as you revealed the names of the files in the folder.  Sorry you didn't get asked that earlier, but Happy2Play did say:

Sorry you will need to provide every aspect of your setup in order for someones else to attempt to reproduce your issue.  I have provided two steps where I can not reproduce what you are seeing.  It could ever be just a different datadate issue then my new test systems.  No one knows as this only appear to affect your specific setup.

to which you replied with the post that made the answer evident.  I see no reason to criticise him.

Paul

#31 BLAlley OFFLINE  

BLAlley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 10:07 PM

By naming each image "folder.jpg" and placing it in the folder it represents, it not only sticks but when adding new folders and their images, Emby automatically applies "folder.jpg" to the folder icon without having to do so manually. 

#32 BLAlley OFFLINE  

BLAlley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 10:11 PM

You got the answer as soon as you revealed the names of the files in the folder.  Sorry you didn't get asked that earlier, but Happy2Play did say:

to which you replied with the post that made the answer evident.  I see no reason to criticise him.

Paul

Except I already revealed I wasn't using an accepted naming protocol and he continued giving unhelpful advice becasue he clearly didn't know the answer. EBR provided the solution, albeit also unaware of its effectiveness. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users