Frustrating issue with Metadata

justermin

justermin

I've probably missed a setting here somewhere so I hope it's a simple fix.

I spent a few hours last week refreshing metadata and updating images for the many titles i had that hadn't auto scraped....there were a lot. Only to come back on today to find they have all reverted back to thumbnails of the movie..... What have I done wrong please. Most movies scrape properly and stay correct and all will scrape the correct info if go through and manually re-scan them.

Hi there, are these thumbnail images located in your media folder next to the movie?

justermin

I have thumbnail images turned off so i'm not sure where its pulling them from. I have just manually re-scanned a number of the movies that are affected and they show proper artwork now but they will change again sometime. It's weird because not all movies do the same.

justermin

this is my file structure. I use same files for Plex, although I'm trying to move away from Plex which why I'm so frustrated with this small issue which is all that's holding me back.5e7e220359261_files.jpg

justermin

Right what I have found from your question is that the Titles with missing artwork have no Poster image saved, what I cant understand is that they all had images when I finished re-scanning them manually last week. I have found that when I do a manual scan I can select "Search for missing Metadata" and select "replace all images", which is how i re-scan the missing metadata and it works. Is there a setting that does an Auto scan at specified times which I can select "missing data only" or leave current images. It seems as though the images I download manually are being deleted automatically somehow?

justermin

I've searched through a few more of the missing titles and some do have Poster image files but they are screenshots or thumbnails....

justermin

Save Artwork into media folders = Yes. Although there are no media folders on the same drive as the media....

Edited by justermin

Save Artwork into media folders = Yes. Although there are no media folders on the same drive as the media....

The media folder is the folder you showed a screenshot of.

justermin

This is a screenshot of the pictures saved in the metadata for one of the movies that is not showing correct images. It has no Primary image (poster) so it's using the Backdrop image. It will be there if I manually scan it as it was there last week but next time i look in a few days it will be missing again.

5e7e2e4bd208f_small.jpg

justermin

I've gone through whole library again now and re-scanned all titles so that they now show the correct title image. I'll check again in a few days to see if anything changes.

justermin

Just checked.....All gone again.. and the -poster.jpg files gone for each movie. I'll download the log and post.

justermin

I have the log..its very big and contains personal data(i.p addresses etc)... should i be looking at anything specific?

justermin

Log sent. Please note that a lot of it refers to a "Books" library being unable to find metadata but I have now deleted that library as it was very big and I didn't really need it.

wbestw

Are all the poster files saved in the folder now next to your videos?

I'am having same is  thumbnail images located in your media folder next to the movie its not there

justermin

I'am having same is  thumbnail images located in your media folder next to the movie its not there

Yes if you have the setting ticked all images and nfo should be in the same folder as the media(as in my screenshot further up).

I have noticed that for some very strange reason mine seams to delete some, not all, of the -Poster.jpg files when it does a daily library scan.

I have several times gone through the library and manually scanned all the titles with missing Posters and found every one.. but then the next day they have mostly all gone again....

One quick thought..... Is anyone else still using the same movie files for Plex? I can't see how but maybe there's an issue between them?

justermin

Today's scan after I added a few movies last night. Some scanned correctly other haven't. And other that were there yesterday are now not. As you can see TV Shows are perfect, which are also shared with Plex.

5e80833f6fcd9_ss.jpg