Request: Multiple embycon instances on same Kodi profile

feerlessleadr
Go to solution Solved by TeamB,

feerlessleadr

Hi @@TeamB - Is there a way to have multiple instances of embycon running (to account for different users)?

Right now, I use both E4K & EC to separate the shows that my wife & I watch from the shows that my oldest daughter watches. My younger daughter has her own set of shows (currently lumped in with my older daughter's shows), and while neither really care that much, they sometimes watch the same shows at different paces, which they complain about. 

Is there a way to have multiple instances of embycon running on the same kodi profile, signed into different emby users?

I tried just creating a manual copy of embycon, and then changing the add-on id to embycon2, and while that works, whenever I click on an item in either embycon library to play, I get double popups, plus a bunch of other random freezes & weirdness, which aren't there when I only have one instance running. 

Thanks

• Solution
TeamB

Use fast user switching in EmbyCon to switch between your Emby users.

The skin Embuary has this option available to call the fast user change.

Also if you use the built in EmbyCon skin clone action this will add a change user home screen menu item.

If you are using a different skin you can access the fast change user directly from the main  EmbryCon addon menu when you select the addon.

EmbyCon can also be configured to show the change user dialog when the screen saver is dismissed so an idle system will prompt for the next user when it is woken up.

You can also tell EmbyCon not to save the selected user so it prompts at start up time for the user instead of using the last user.

Edited by TeamB
  • Like 1

feerlessleadr

Thanks - my girls are still a little young for me to trust that they can reliably use those features (I use the embuary skin), but I'll work with them.

feerlessleadr

Wow, I actually never had used the fast user witching in embuary before, and that coupled with emby server now allowing users to be shown on the login screen within the local network only, is going to save me a TON of headaches with the kids.

This will work perfectly - thank you!