Watch state file location - cannot connect to server

Hoochee

Hoochee

My RAID 5 crapped out and I can still get to all my data but I cannot start the Emby server to get a back up so need to know file location for the watch list. I've tried forum searches several ways but all I see are references to the back up plug in. I was running beta 4.4.0.30.

I welcome locations of any other files that would be backed up by the plugin, the watch list is the priority

Edited by Hoochee

Happy2Play

Don't know the layout of on this system but all userdata is in the userdatas table in the library.db.

Ideally you would have used the Server Configuration Backup plugin and would always have a backup of users and userdata along with most server configurations.

If you have access to Emby logs you will see the programdata location in a server log.

Only log I found in this section points to "Program data path: /raid/data/module/EmbyServer/programdata"

But depending on how old your installation was there are issues exporting the data into a newer database do to table column changes.

Ideally if the data is still salvageable you would need the entire programdata folder.

So you were using the backup plugin? Do you remember where you configured it to save backups?

Hoochee

@@Luke I can't remember if I set up the plug in. I've just installed it on a temp server and the process looked familiar, but I can't swear I did it on the RAID server. I've searched the RAID and back up drives for a folder similar to the one created by the temp server back up and found nothing. Is there a module folder or folders I can pull off the RAID then copy back over after I rebuild and reinstall emby? In other words, copy all the module folders off the RAID then copy them back once I have it reinstalled?

@@Happy2Play ideally I wouldn't have lost two HDDs within a day of each other. but lesson learned - lose a drive, don't wait to replace.

Edited by Hoochee

Happy2Play

@@Luke I can't remember if I set up the plug in. I've just installed it on a temp server and the process looked familiar, but I can't swear I did it on the RAID server. I've searched the RAID and back up drives for a folder similar to the one created by the temp server back up and found nothing. Is there a module folder or folders I can pull off the RAID then copy back over after I rebuild and reinstall emby? In other words, copy all the module folders off the RAID then copy them back once I have it reinstalled?

@@Happy2Play ideally I wouldn't have lost two HDDs within a day of each other. but lesson learned - lose a drive, don't wait to replace.

The Emby programdata folder.

If you did have the backup plugin you could find the configured backup path in "\programdata\plugins\configurations\MBBackup.xml".

Hoochee

Thanks, @@Happy2Play, I'll give it a go as soon as I rebuild the array which will take longer than expected. I can pull my media off the NAS for hours but as soon as I try to pull off emby files, other module files, or OS config files all files on the NAS become unavailable. I can see all the folders but they appear to be empty. So I reboot the NAS and everything is once again accessible until I try to pull off module or OS files. What fun.

Edited by Hoochee

Hoochee

Maybe the title of this thread needs to be changed, or maybe I need to start a new one (let me know). So every time I tried to most any of the programdata files or folders the NAS became inaccessible. One of the folders I was able to pull of was Collections which I have now copied back to the new server install but the collections aren't showing. The only one I see is one I created within the new server install to see where the folder was placed in the module and then be able to paste the old folder over it - location is /raid/data/module/EmbyServer/programdata/data/collections/. I've verified the file location references within the xml files are correct. I've rescanned the library, refreshed the metadata and restarted the emby server, all several times. Was there another file or folder from the original programdata folder I needed to get (but couldn't with the NAS issues).

So an Update - I deleted the contents of the collections folder (all the folders and files I pasted there from the old server set up, scanned the library again, refreshed metadata again, and rebooted. When I open the Collections library there are still no collections but now the image for the library is a multi picture image of some of the collections that should be there.

Update again: the multi picture image WAS the library. Apparently after I reboot emby is replacing each of the collections.xml files with a version that doesn't have all my media references as well as missing some other data.

Edited by Hoochee

Hoochee

Has the media within the collections been added to the new server install?

@@Luke it had been added, but I'm a dumbass. When I created the media subfolder I inadvertently added a period to the end of the name so obviously that was a problem. Is it expected behavior that emby rewrites the xml when the media path is incorrect, or non-existent? Just curious, but it could have a big (self-created) frustration had I moved all the collection folders to the new server install rather than copying them.

Is it expected behavior that emby rewrites the xml when the media path is incorrect, or non-existent?

Well yes unfortunately because it reads it first, then internally recognizes that the contents have changed, and then writes it back with the new information.