Tuning speed (Slow!)

fizzyade
Go to solution Solved by fizzyade,

fizzyade

Hi,

I have a system set up where I have 9 USB tuners connected to a Tv headend server.  Each of the tuners is dedicated to a MUX and this allows me in the UK to simulateously receive every broadcast channel at once, no issues with clashes when recording and so forth.

I'm using a m3u to provide the channels to Embys live tv system.

But, I see absolutely awful start times (tried web, android tv) when using emby, anything from 10 to 15 seconds.

Is this what everybody else sees?

The tuners are already tuned into each mux and receiving the stream, if I paste the stream URL from my m3u into VLC it starts playing any stream I choose to pick in less than a second.

• Solution
fizzyade

Right, I noticed that I also had the headend client plugin installed.  I have removed that and restarted and now it's about 5 seconds to start a stream which is considerably better than it was.

• Like 1

fizzyade

Keeping the tuners locked to the muxes makes a big difference, obviously not having to tune shaves time off.

I read in the beta android tv thread that somebody seemed to be having issues with the new exoplayer and live streams, i have to say i’ve been experiencing problems with some channels where they refuse to play, but playing in the web browser they start no problem.

is there any known issues or is it a case of submitting logs?

fizzyade

We'd have to go over an example. Thanks.

Here's the server & ffmpeg log.  I just tried playing a stream (about 10:39 give or take a minute - CBS Justice I picked randomly)

It took 30+ seconds before the stream started. (this is on an NVIDIA shield, it's a SD stream and transcoded)

If I try opening the stream in VLC (and I know you hate us saying that!) it opened almost instantly.

ffmpeg-transcode-f0e4a59f-8458-4b13-a86b-c32fcd0760ec_1.txt

embyserver.txt

Here's the server & ffmpeg log.  I just tried playing a stream (about 10:39 give or take a minute - CBS Justice I picked randomly)

It took 30+ seconds before the stream started. (this is on an NVIDIA shield, it's a SD stream and transcoded)

If I try opening the stream in VLC (and I know you hate us saying that!) it opened almost instantly.

And can you attach the stable server log for comparison? thanks.